ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's over....I saw Gary Rankin in my pancakes this morning......

ALCOA wins....BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grpancakes.jpg

:roflol: Too funny APB. Its what makes visiting Alcoa threads worthwhile. Alcoa wins......again.

Soon it'll be time for the annual "Who was the best team in 3A (2A) after Alcoa" thread to begin.

Well, for a fact, Maryville does not and did not at the time of their loss to you guys have the longest winning streak in the country. They did have it for 6 days last year, and then they got beat.

He didn't say we beat MHS when they had the streak, just that at one time they had the streak. I didn't even see that he had implied that we beat them to end the streak. Alcoa fans wish we had, but someone got to them before we did.

So, a-town, to answer your question to Milan fans 'what makes you think you can beat Alcoa?' looks like their answer would be: because we said so.

List of believers in Alcoa football (dating from 2004):

2004:

Lipscomb

Huntingdon

2005:

Tyner

Goodpasture

2006:

Smith County

Goodpasture (again)

2007:

Gatlinburg-Pittman

DCA

Goodpasture (yet again)

2008:

Marion County

Milan

2009:

Bell Co., Ky

Maryville

CAK

Loudon

Elizabethton

Milan (will be determined)

Well, that makes it even more pointless. You did not beat the same team that won all those games in a row. This team was very different, so that makes it completely irrelevant.

You should be glad some things change....you guys beat Maryville this year didn't you?

We sure did! However the Tornadoes get no respect for the win because Maryville is DOWN this year!!! :roflol:

I don't get what you are posting here! Maryville's only lost was to Alcoa and Saturday they play for the 6A Championship! I just don't get your point makes no sense! If are are so down why are they in the big dance! If they are down that must mean their other 13 opponents were down! I don't buy what you are selling! :lol:

I have never seen Milan, but I did watch Alcoa "pound the rock" on my Elizabethton Cyclones last week. Nothing fancy, except the one flea-flicker pass, just smash mouth football. The Alcoa front five opens a hole nearly every play. #89 Robinson (looked about 6'4", 250 pounds) leads through the hole and destroys the first defender to appear. Then the fullback #2, another powerful player, destroys the next defender. Toney just takes the handoff and runs straight through the hole toward the endzone. Most of the tackles are made ten to fifteen yards down the field by cornerbacks chasing from the sides or the free safety. The only way to stop it is to have speed coming off the edge to hit Toney before he gets to the line or just put in a couple of 300 pounders and have them lay down in the hole to build a dam. If you think you can sit in a base defense with seven in the box and take on Alcoa man on man you are not going to stop them. I think I would put eight in the box, blitz and shoot gaps every play, and just hope to slow them down or create some turnovers. Alcoa apparently does not like to pass, but their receivers looked like college receivers and I am sure they could pass if they had to.

Elizabethton could not run on the Alcoa front seven and the quarterback rarely had any time to throw. Robinson #89 and Warren #1 bring serious pressure from their defensive end spots. The only hope might be to throw quick slants from the shotgun, run some well designed screen passes, and possibly some bootlegs or draws. Once again, trying to take on the Alcoa front seven man on man and running your regular offense will not work, unless you have a very talented and extremely physical football team. That hasn't happened in five years. Maybe Milan is that good, but I will not believe it until I see it. Congratulations to both teams for getting to the title game and may the best team win. I will say....Alcoa 34-Milan 13.

You should be glad some things change....you guys beat Maryville this year didn't you?

We sure did! However the Tornadoes get no respect for the win because Maryville is DOWN this year!!! :roflol:

I don't get what you are posting here! Maryville's only lost was to Alcoa and Saturday they play for the 6A Championship! I just don't get your point makes no sense! If are are so down why are they in the big dance! If they are down that must mean their other 13 opponents were down! I don't buy what you are selling! :lol:

Zebra99, I was being totally sarcastic. Have you not been reading all the posts since the playoffs started??? No one we have played thus far has given our schedule this year any thought. Our Tornadoes are nationally ranked for a reason. Maryville is the #1 team in 6A and we totally handled them. (No slam to Maryville!) I'm pulling for you guys all the way! But this is a really good Alcoa team and it's about time they get the respect they deserve! GO TORNADOES!!!! :shock:

I have never seen Milan, but I did watch Alcoa "pound the rock" on my Elizabethton Cyclones last week. Nothing fancy, except the one flea-flicker pass, just smash mouth football. The Alcoa front five opens a hole nearly every play. #89 Robinson (looked about 6'4", 250 pounds) leads through the hole and destroys the first defender to appear. Then the fullback #2, another powerful player, destroys the next defender. Toney just takes the handoff and runs straight through the hole toward the endzone. Most of the tackles are made ten to fifteen yards down the field by cornerbacks chasing from the sides or the free safety. The only way to stop it is to have speed coming off the edge to hit Toney before he gets to the line or just put in a couple of 300 pounders and have them lay down in the hole to build a dam. If you think you can sit in a base defense with seven in the box and take on Alcoa man on man you are not going to stop them. I think I would put eight in the box, blitz and shoot gaps every play, and just hope to slow them down or create some turnovers. Alcoa apparently does not like to pass, but their receivers looked like college receivers and I am sure they could pass if they had to.

Elizabethton could not run on the Alcoa front seven and the quarterback rarely had any time to throw. Robinson #89 and Warren #1 bring serious pressure from their defensive end spots. The only hope might be to throw quick slants from the shotgun, run some well designed screen passes, and possibly some bootlegs or draws. Once again, trying to take on the Alcoa front seven man on man and running your regular offense will not work, unless you have a very talented and extremely physical football team. That hasn't happened in five years. Maybe Milan is that good, but I will not believe it until I see it. Congratulations to both teams for getting to the title game and may the best team win. I will say....Alcoa 34-Milan 13.

Good post Coach, I agree with everything you said. Congratulations to Elizabethton on an excellent season.

So what exactly is the reasoning behind the predictions of Alcoa "blowing" Milan out of the water?? They didn't blow them away last year....it was 28-14. And from what I've heard, Alcoa is a little down, Milan is a little better. I just don't see Alcoa blowing us out of the water. They haven't blown ANY team out of the water during the playoffs. I'm picking my by 3 or 7. I'll have a more exact prediction by the end of the week!

GO DAWGS!!!

So what exactly is the reasoning behind the predictions of Alcoa "blowing" Milan out of the water?? They didn't blow them away last year....it was 28-14. And from what I've heard, Alcoa is a little down, Milan is a little better. I just don't see Alcoa blowing us out of the water. They haven't blown ANY team out of the water during the playoffs. I'm picking my by 3 or 7. I'll have a more exact prediction by the end of the week!

GO DAWGS!!!

Last years game was over at half! No, the final score was not 200-0, but did it really matter???? :roflol::shock::lol:

First off, I want to say good luck to both teams. Wish I could make it, but unfortunately the Dawgs put my boys out Friday night, so it's off to basketball for me. While I'm on the subject of your players, they are great athletes and great sports. Never heard any smack-talking from any of them (except for the white kid #12). They are great boys, and had many of them talk to me after the game. I went in thinking they would be exactly like their fans; arrogant, egotistical, and very punkish. I was very pleasantly surprised. Williamson and Gilbert were class acts in the backfield. You have great players on that MHS team, and I wish you the best of luck... Cause right now you're in the position we were before our game. You might as well not even make the drive to the game because it's already over. Just play em hard. I don't know much about F5 this year other than that... They're F5, so nuff' said. Like I said, wish my boys and me could have taken out the Dawgs but, they won... so good luck to them. I got all the respect in the world for those boys.

And P.S. I caught Gilbert in a footrace :lol: (and got planted by Williamson :shock::roflol:....more than once too haha )

First off, I want to say good luck to both teams. Wish I could make it, but unfortunately the Dawgs put my boys out Friday night, so it's off to basketball for me. While I'm on the subject of your players, they are great athletes and great sports. Never heard any smack-talking from any of them (except for the white kid #12). They are great boys, and had many of them talk to me after the game. I went in thinking they would be exactly like their fans; arrogant, egotistical, and very punkish. I was very pleasantly surprised. Williamson and Gilbert were class acts in the backfield. You have great players on that MHS team, and I wish you the best of luck... Cause right now you're in the position we were before our game. You might as well not even make the drive to the game because it's already over. Just play em hard. I don't know much about F5 this year other than that... They're F5, so nuff' said. Like I said, wish my boys and me could have taken out the Dawgs but, they won... so good luck to them. I got all the respect in the world for those boys.

And P.S. I caught Gilbert in a footrace (and got planted by Williamson )

Great Job!!! Tyrel u and the boys had a great game all I heard all week was we didnt have an answer for there defense we outgained them in total offense by 100 yards.You know u wasnt suppose to have been able to run gilbert down...Ha ha............ I guess we all know who was faster dont we.The dawgs played a great second half and they beat us fellow dragons.They WILL NOT be so lucky 2 weeks in a row want to know where that great defense was that we heard so much about because we didnt see it friday night........Great Job!!!! TYREL U AND BRIAN WERE HELLACIOUS ALL YEAR AS WERE THE REST OF THE SENIORS GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO DRAGONS AND GO ALCOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

I might only be one of few Milan fans that think Alcoa beating Maryville this year says

alot about just how good this tornado team is. We might not want to admit it,

but we Milan fans know it will take one heck of a game plan, Alcoa turning over

the ball a few times, and the Bulldawgs playing flawless football to win. If Milan

was to win, I think it would be one of the biggest upsets in high school football

in the state of TN in a long time. What are some upsets that come to mind,

please post teams and scores if you can remember. Thanks