1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Where was all this speed that SP was supposed to have? The QB was shifty but I never saw sprinting speed...although I did see him chasing Price (#28) a couple times but he never seemed to be able to catch up. :? Also, UC's defense did well against the run...they were in the backfield quite a bit. Defending the pass has never been UC's forte so the times SP had a big gainer with a pass it wasn't surprising. And what was up with all the SP players getting hurt? Did their opponents during the year play two-hand touch or something? :? I mean, there was an SP guy down every other series! And the comment about #21's injury being a mental thing, that was hilarious! :D Did the Mr. Football lineman finalist from SP play today? I saw him catch a ball or two but he wasn't doing much on defense...maybe he was apart of some gang tackles. :? Haha...it's all in good fun! But for real, no hard feelings...today just wasn't South Pissburg's day.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Union City. You guys played a great game. Enjoy the moment, we know how great it feels to bring home the gold ourselves and you guys went out and earned it today.

South Pittsburg players and coaches, first off congratulations for getting to the state game again. Do not hang your heads, you guys played your hearts out and left it all on the field today. It's hard to ask for anything more from you guys. I hate it for the seniors but the younger guys have some extra motivation for next season. Losing sucks but again you guys have nothing to be ashamed about, both teams gave their all. It's was a good season and you gave us a lot of memories and it's sad to see it come to an end.

I can't wait until next season.

Old Pirate says CONGRATS to UC. Both teams played a tough game and unfortunately 1 takes the GOLD Ball home. As for the Pirates a close hard fought game is nothing to be ashamed of. CONGRATS to the Pirates on a fine season and for winning and losing with class.

OP was almost late with the skillet slinger in tow and failed to see many old timers. Anyhow the Pirates were whipped much in the same way as they have previously won state Championships, by having a physical attacking running game. This OP tips the hat to an outstanding job by UC.

SP failing too score the 1st time ultimately became huge as the game progressed. Failure to convert offensive drives into points worked for UC's ball control approach.

OP attempted in vain AGAIN.................................to warn the SP folkes a posting about goin over board on these games. Recon, it's time to enjoy some crow nows. Hope some folkes learn somehow, but figure theys jest skillet heads.

Hum.....Dad burnit recon them West Tn folkes have some studs round that area too. :D

The Pirates were whipped at the line of scrimage and rumored lack of effort missed in the weight became crystal clear today fellers. OP says some youngons better review again........what they need to do and git to work. OP says for some Pirates will walk away feeling a hurt that will forever be there and the returners hopefully will learn from this close but No cigar type of finish.

AGAIN CONGRATS TO UC ON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Like OP says.."IF YOU AIN'T THE LEAD DOG, THE SCENARY AND SMELL NEVER CHANGES"

Recon the Pirates will be reminded of jest that for some time.

Well first let me say congratulations to Union City....you guys earned it....It is to bad one team had to lose this game...it was a classic battle.....and anyboy that is named jorge you know he is going to make a 23 yarder....but anyways....this is my take on the game....Sp hurt themselves with turnovers....one on the 4 and one on the 20.....and that was the difference in the game....I still think SP was the better team but like I said Union City played hard and they deserve the title so congrats guys...Your #27 was a good player.....The big difference was yalls line....Yalls line out weighed ours by quite a bit and you could tell on those drives where we could not get yall off the field.....Finally.....here is my final take on the game....Union citys offense could not be stopped, South Pittsburgs offense could not be stopped, and both defenses were pretty bad, and Union city won the special teams game and that is why they won.....Again, congrats....SP, we have alot to replace next year but still tons of talent and speed and I expect for us to be competiting for the title next year as well...Remember this bad taste :D

I didn't think you were going to post again until after SP won the state.

I figured I would get on here and congratulate UC....I aint going to whine about a loss....They made their field goal...we didnt...we lost..they won...case closed :?

PowerP, here is your quote..."My last post until after we win the title....Our boys are focused and ready and you can tell coach Grider is confident....We get the job done and the game is out of reach mid-way 3rd.....pirates roll"

Therefore, I did not think you were going to post again until SP won the state.

You might want to check where South Fulton ranks on that small public school list because they have one student going along with the UC kids on that trip...It can be done...As far as I know, Jorge and there is another on the team that doesn't play any are the only two FESs we have ever had that played football....

Daniel Maya was a FES in 2004. He was a kicker (soccer player.. go figure!), too. Didn't get a chance to do much because we had John Graham at that time.

This was a huge upset....I was confident...as well as other people...even murphy fair ROY lol....anyways...time to hit the weights boys and prepare for the WingT next year

You thought the same thing about Boyd and Polk Co. It was not an upset. There is a huge difference between being confident and putting down the other teams like you do. You guys trash talking does not help your team.

You might want to check where South Fulton ranks on that small public school list because they have one student going along with the UC kids on that trip...It can be done...As far as I know, Jorge and there is another on the team that doesn't play any are the only two FESs we have ever had that played football....

Daniel Maya was a FES in 2004. He was a kicker (soccer player.. go figure!), too. Didn't get a chance to do much because we had John Graham at that time.

Well John playing would make one forget Daniel Maya... :D

A word of warning, this don't look nothing like a blowout. SP fans seem to think they are playing a chump, I don't think so. UC looks for real to me. I picked SP, but I sure wouldn't put alot of money on it. Looking at UC.s schedule ,they played a few teams that Mckenzie did and in most cases,they won by a bigger margin. Mckenzie gave Trousdale all they wanted and more. SP is a great tem ,but they had better get ready for a 4 quarter war. Can't wait to see this one, I think everyone will get their monies worth. Looks like a heck of a battle. Good luck to both teams and hopefully both team will stay injury free and play to their fullest potential.

Congrats to both teams, you have both had great seasons, win or lose ,do it with pride and dignity. Play like the winners that you are.

One heck of a game from both sides, about like I expected. Power against speed, power won this time. Shame their had to be a loser, but a BIG congrats to UC. Could be a repeat next season. HECK OF A GAME.