South Pitt vs. Fayetteville (Moore man against this Palmer man)

Roy Dillard

I'm not saying anything bad about 81 or 2 I just think 22 and 11 could catch just as good if not better and also think they are more physical players and btw I believe they've dropped more than a few just wondering why their not in some sort of rotation

yea I agree and 22 intercepted the pass friday?oh we'll I don't care who they throw it to that need to man up catch the ball and take the hit if needed, catch the ball secure the ball and then run like well you know toward the endzone

SP plays the weakest team left in the playoffs.  However, the fact that Fayetteville got this far says something.  There's no doubt that SP lost focus against Moore due to the refs picking on them, but that's no excuse.  A team that brings home the gold ball needs to be able to stay focused no matter what the refs are doing.  In a way SP did regroup and pull together for a 4th quarter scoring drive, so give them credit for that.  I hope that serves as momentum going into this Friday's game.

Where you at Varo? You hiding in Park City?

I know you know we got a game thread going here!

It's what you were wanting wasn't it?

Roy started this website so you could get on here and talk about your team!

We know you won last Friday in Cookeville, but that was Monterey, not the Championship!

Where you at Varo?

Come on in here and get you some!

At least get in here and say Go Tigers or something!!

:popcorneater:

First things first.  D60, Fayetteville IS NOT the weakest team left in the playoffs.  That should be obvious, even to you.  We may be the lowest ranked, but there is a difference.  We'll come into South Pitt with a chip on our shoulder and the boys will settle it on the field, come what may.  I'm not going to bash SP, they're a talented team, but on any given day, at any given time. . . .

We're breathing rarified air, and you've gotten so used to success that there may be a weakness.  Moore county scoring 21 on you?  Really?  I'm sure you weren't overlooking MC to play us.  You're Taking Care of Business to get to Cookeville, but if you keep looking up you're gonna trip on a little bump Fayetteville Tigers.  Hey, we were already at Cookeville, just three weeks early!  And we could get used to playing on that field.

Southtowner:  Here I am big boy, not in Park City but right here in Fayette-Vegas.  Sorry to say I forgot my password and couldn't jump with both feet into this here thread Friday night, otherwise I'da been all up on you like a duck on a June bug.  You think I'm joking, but I'm not!  Oh yeah we're fired up, the Orange and Black with the Tiger on their helmets are coming to town.  I mean, South Pitt. 

We want to bring our Lincoln country crew and get loud and proud for this little team that could.  Our boys will want to ring the Iron Skillet in South Pitt and make some noise.  We might trade in our cowbells and Tiger Rags for Lodge skillets to pound on and ring to the heavens.  We started in D 9 making some noise, and left the regular season with room to improve.  The good thing about being a first year program is that there aren't any expectations.  EVERYTHING we do is a first.  First victory? Check. First District victory? Check. First playoff? Check. First playoff victory? Check.

David vs Goliath?  Jack and the Beanstalk Giant?  The U.S. Hockey team vs the Russians?  Same diff.  There's no way we can compete....or can we?  We'll bring some fast little fellers to sorta east Tennessee and shove the pigskin around. 

Gordonsville, defending state Champs? At their house? Check.

Monterey and #45 Looper the Man Beast? At their house? Check.

South Pittsburg Pirates, the awesome beast in the east? Ch------we'll see Friday night.

• Upvote 1

First things first.  D60, Fayetteville IS NOT the weakest team left in the playoffs.  That should be obvious, even to you.  We may be the lowest ranked, but there is a difference.  We'll come into South Pitt with a chip on our shoulder and the boys will settle it on the field, come what may.  I'm not going to bash SP, they're a talented team, but on any given day, at any given time. . . .

We're breathing rarified air, and you've gotten so used to success that there may be a weakness.  Moore county scoring 21 on you?  Really?  I'm sure you weren't overlooking MC to play us.  You're Taking Care of Business to get to Cookeville, but if you keep looking up you're gonna trip on a little bump Fayetteville Tigers.  Hey, we were already at Cookeville, just three weeks early!  And we could get used to playing on that field.

Southtowner:  Here I am big boy, not in Park City but right here in Fayette-Vegas.  Sorry to say I forgot my password and couldn't jump with both feet into this here thread Friday night, otherwise I'da been all up on you like a duck on a June bug.  You think I'm joking, but I'm not!  Oh yeah we're fired up, the Orange and Black with the Tiger on their helmets are coming to town.  I mean, South Pitt. 

We want to bring our Lincoln country crew and get loud and proud for this little team that could.  Our boys will want to ring the Iron Skillet in South Pitt and make some noise.  We might trade in our cowbells and Tiger Rags for Lodge skillets to pound on and ring to the heavens.  We started in D 9 making some noise, and left the regular season with room to improve.  The good thing about being a first year program is that there aren't any expectations.  EVERYTHING we do is a first.  First victory? Check. First District victory? Check. First playoff? Check. First playoff victory? Check.

David vs Goliath?  Jack and the Beanstalk Giant?  The U.S. Hockey team vs the Russians?  Same diff.  There's no way we can compete....or can we?  We'll bring some fast little fellers to sorta east Tennessee and shove the pigskin around. 

Gordonsville, defending state Champs? At their house? Check.

Monterey and #45 Looper the Man Beast? At their house? Check.

South Pittsburg Pirates, the awesome beast in the east? Ch------we'll see Friday night.

There ya go!! + 1 Great post!!

Fayetteville is a great community with a lot of pride and hard working folks. Yes, the Tigers are doing what they need to do...one game at a time and have impressed me as a first year program. I'm absolutely sure they will continue to improve year after year..they will become a force in 1a...already a force if ya ask me...only 8 teams remain..says a lot about your team, players and coaches...looking forward to a great game Friday night at Beene Stadium..hoping SP can matchup and give the Tigers a good game!

Kudos Varo.  That's the kind of spirit that makes for a great ball game.  I apologize for saying "weakest"...should have said lowest record.  Looking forward to Friday.  Have a safe trip.

Thanks D60.  I told the coaches Friday night after we beat Monterey that I would be conversating with a crap-load of SP supporters on CoachT, They told me not to say anything to make the locker room wall.  As if you guys need more motivation!  When we grow up we want to be like you-feared from Memphis to Johnson City!  All of us parents and students traveling Friday afternoon will be on edge, but the boys on the field seem to stay calm and positive for four quarters, even spotting the other teams a touchdown or two before unleashing our scoring.  We can't afford to be so generous Friday cuz the Pirates don't give back what they take away.  You think I'm joking but I'm not!

IF South Pittsburg is ready then we will be talking up Coalfield next week. If they play like they did Friday they will be talking about being the biggest bust we ever had and basketball season. Fayetteville is supposedly loaded with athletes and many of them missed 3-4 games last half of season. I was told they have many impressive looking kids and can roll. Young but very talented. Just depends on which Pirate team shows up Friday. I hope they are ready but they have bad tendencies to look at a teams record and think they can just show up and play. Doesn't sound like that's a good recipe this week for a W

Here's some footage from one of the Fayetteville Tigers' games earlier this year...they look impressive to me...we're gonna hear and see more of Coach Palmer's team beyond this game.

Coach Palmer does a short interview near the end of this vid. 

I hope our boys can get ready this week..the Orange and Black Tigers from Fayetteville are coming to the Pitt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900BnQehKc0

GO PIRATES!!

That's some impressive footage Southtowner.  Although Marion County also beat MTCS 42-16, and we beat Marion County, but you really can't go by that.  And I think Moore County beat Fayetteville 8-7, and we beat Moore County.  But Fayetteville is still in the playoffs, so that stands for something.  I look for a good game between two proud orange-n-blacks.

Edited by D60