Upperman host ND

This should be a good game.  Notre Dame will be the toughest opponent Upperman has played this season.  They have a number of good athletes, who are in their second or third year at the program.  They play very fundamentally sound defense and have a very good D coordinator who can make adjustments on the fly.  Their offense, which I thought would be strong this year, has struggled through the season, but seems to be starting to score more lately.

I know nothing about Upperman, other than what I see on here.  I don't see where they have played any tough opponents, whereas ND has faced some stiff competition throughout the season and playoffs.  The Bees may score a bunch on the leprechauns, but it won't be the scores they are used to.  It looks like Upperman's defense has given up a bunch if their opponents have any offense at all.

Wouldn't be surprised however this one turns out.  For the record, I still hate the catlick, mackerel snappin', leprechauns and I always will.  Don't care too much for flying insects, either.  schild_pff.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

This should be a good game.  Notre Dame will be the toughest opponent Upperman has played this season.  They have a number of good athletes, who are in their second or third year at the program.  They play very fundamentally sound defense and have a very good D coordinator who can make adjustments on the fly.  Their offense, which I thought would be strong this year, has struggled through the season, but seems to be starting to score more lately.

I know nothing about Upperman, other than what I see on here.  I don't see where they have played any tough opponents, whereas ND has faced some stiff competition throughout the season and playoffs.  The Bees may score a bunch on the leprechauns, but it won't be the scores they are used to.  It looks like Upperman's defense has given up a bunch if their opponents have any offense at all.

Wouldn't be surprised however this one turns out.  For the record, I still hate the catlick, mackerel snappin', leprechauns and I always will.  Don't care too much for flying insects, either.  schild_pff.gif

Time for you to go under the bridge until next season, troll.  I can not believe y'all lost to a crappy Catholic team like that.  My guess is Price made his last on-field decision last Friday.

I've been keeping an eye on this Upperman squad all year and on just about every thread on CoachT where they have played a game i hear the same thing said about them.  How they won't score on us or they can't do that against us they won't be able to do that we will do this or our kids coaches will not let you do this etc, etc. etc......

However at the end of the day this Upperman team seems to rise up to the challenge and win somehow someway.  This week will be no different.  The private school backers from Chattanooga are going to say a lot of the same things that everyone else has said.  The bottom line is you have to travel to Upperman, which gives the home team a huge advantage.  ND is a good team but they aren't Alcoa good and to me there are only two teams better than UHS in this 3A tournament and ND isn't one of them.  Now can ND win, you bet they can they didn't make it this far by not having a solid team and if this game was played in Chattanooga i would give the nod to the private school.  But.... its not its being played out here in the country and these kids from UHS can flat out play the game.  This is a special year, a special team with some VERY special players.  Ya'll have a safe trip up and be sure to turn left at the 4 way otherwise you end up with us folks over here in Jackson County.  

I will be there to watch this game supporting our local UC teams and my many friends in Baxter.  So i'm going to say this one time........ GO BEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

final score UHS 56    ND 31

Edited by devilfanatic
  • Upvote 1