South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

I bet they wouldnt go then.If that were the case,I know for a fact that all those Lake Co athletes that live in Lake Co wouldnt be driving 20 miles each way to dyer Co if it wasnt to play sports.Dyer co allows out of county students to go there but yet wont let a Dyersburg city kid go there and they are at least in the same county.At least make them sit out a year .

The whole Dyer Co. situation is getting out of hand... When you go to the extent of changing 3 Oaks MS and Northview MS mascot to the Choctaws and their school colors to orange and white, you have serious problems..... That whole situation over there is getting crazy!

that's what I thought.... We're debating open zone, right? If we have taken advantage of it in girls basketball, why not any of the other sports..... Milan, Peabody, Humboldt all have good football teams but people never left immediate GCHS zoning to go play for them and none of their girls came here to play basketball..... Keep showing your ignorance....

you are right i am ignorant about girls basketball, because i choose to be.  why all the name calling, you are going to hurt my one feeling

you are right i am ignorant about girls basketball, because i choose to be.  why all the name calling, you are going to hurt my one feeling

we are talking open zone.... I chose girls basketball because you mentioned it first saying the only reason we won is because of open zone when in reality all of our girls were in the immediate GC zone. Anything else?

You're telling me my boy had to sit out a year (in his #1 sport) because he left one private to go to another but an athlete can "transfer" from one public to another and doesn't have to sit out a year?

I bet they wouldnt go then.If that were the case,I know for a fact that all those Lake Co athletes that live in Lake Co wouldnt be driving 20 miles each way to dyer Co if it wasnt to play sports.Dyer co allows out of county students to go there but yet wont let a Dyersburg city kid go there and they are at least in the same county.At least make them sit out a year .

You're telling me my boy had to sit out a year (in his #1 sport) because he left one private to go to another but an athlete can "transfer" from one public to another and doesn't have to sit out a year?

If a kid transfers from Cwood to WC they have to sit out a year. I may be wrong but I don't think they have to sit if its their freshman year when they transfer but could be wrong on that one

i dont want to debate girls basketball on here, i dont think anyone does.  my point is simple and accurate. open zone schools have huge advantage when you get a program thats willing to work to take advantage of it

hey bigdan, you're a Houston County fan, right?  Does Houston County have open zone?  Essentially the whole county is an open zone, because it only has 1 school system (just like Henry County on the other side of the river from you)  Essentially the school has the whole county to chose for who is on their teams.  I mean, you don't have to compete against other schools right.  Even with that advantage, the mighty  Houston County fighting Irish had a stellar year in football, and now basketball as well.  If Henry County can be successful and win a state championship, why can't Houston County with the same situation.  I'm sure there will be another excuse and smart response.  Ole Big Dan, where art thou? 

Edited by Atlas

Try as you might you cant ignore me, i am in your head , you cant stop checking that phone to see if i have replied, well here goes, and try your best not to read it or acknowledge my existence. you're so caught up in trying to bash me that you dont realize you make my point for me.  a county with enough people in it to have 3 high schools , 1 of them a 4A, gives everyone the choice to go where they want. do you seriously not see the advantage this gives you.  oh you can thump your chest cause you have some junior football program that im sure makes you feel like a big time coach And you think you have played some role in UC's success.  but truth is this is where the kids are steered to UC.  Im sure a kid has never been told, "hey come to UC we got a chance to win state, you dont want to go to OC and not even make playoffs. UC success is directly related to the large population they can get football players from but still play in !A  I shouldnt have referred to UC as cheaters cause they are just making the best of the rules as they are.  So you do all this research and decide UC is the best place then your wife tells you different. sounds like you need to grow a pair and this makes me think i could say anything i wanted in that room you mentioned.  UC should have to get the multiplier or define their zone. Open zone schools have a greater advantage than privates.  i bet you read every bit of this

I started reading your post and just quit.  What a freakin JOKE.  let me tell you something...you want to talk this crap about zoning...take Henry co dude....1 high school....just one.  Go pick on someone else that won a GOLD Ball....oh...I'm sorry...your little team didn't win...!!!!    Well...you may need to ask that for Christmas for next year.  Henry Co only has two schools that cover k-8....and for that matter...have a 9th grade school just for 9th graders.  Take you trash and carry it to the dump.  I stand beside anyone who wants to bash our school because when you do, you bash my kid when they help make the system up and then when someone bashes my kid...they bash me.  Go write your trash on another post.  This my friend is a post about the NEW Class A Champions and the team they played.  Go bark up someone elses tree and Bigswo...he is the man..knows his stuff and never post trash.  he backs his facts.  I...I may put a little trash on here from time to time but all in fun.  So very sorry there are folks like you in the world who do not know their facts and their statements.  Rest well...we will our team won the GOLD and is now in our town.  You take care and enjoy reading this post.  Bigswo...when I started reading this freaks post...I had to respond.  Don't care where this started but this guy or whoever he is needs to carry his trash somewhere else. 

I said they should have to sit a year unless a move was made.Even as a freshman going to a school in another county which the TSSAA does allow.

Lake Co is losing students to dyer Co to play basketball,football and baseball but still live in Lake Co.They drive back and forth every day.They go their freshman year which is allowed by the TSSAA.Make them sit a a year and i bet they wouldnt go..Like Gibson co Pioneer said.There are 2 middle school feeder schools in dyer co ,the Northview Mustangs and Three Oaks Eagles.Northview students which is located in Newbern go to dyer co.the other school Three Oaks,is closer to dyersburg than dyer co but for some reason,the past year they have changed both middle schools to the Dyer Co colors and mascots and now Three Oaks is a Dyer co feeder school.Only about 2 or 3 miles from Dyersburg but about 10 to 12 miles to dyer Co.But at least those students live in dyer Co.Cant see whay the TSSAA allows students to go to school to play sports in another count and live in another county which is what is happening at Lake Co and dyer Co.Are they recruited?Dyer Co says no.Lake Co says yes.Maybe not directly by coaches themselves but Dyer co has open gym for players from other schools come play there at night and their players and fans say,Man you could be great here.Have players coming from Lake Co.Halls,Crockett Co to Dyer co but yet wont allow a Dyersburg City student that is in Dyer Co attend Dyer Co.

Edited by mrbigster