Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

The speed of West is a concern. Had Alcoa had their usually speed, I wouldn't be as concerned. We haven't seen anyone yet who can run like those boys can. They are well coached. It's at their place. Short week for murvil.

Murvil is improving. It looks like they have gotten better each week. The question marks are beginning to be answered. Players are becoming more comfortable with their roles. Depth is being built.

I'm gonna need some strong red koolaid before Thursday night.

The speed of West is a concern. Had Alcoa had their usually speed, I wouldn't be as concerned. We haven't seen anyone yet who can run like those boys can. They are well coached. It's at their place. Short week for murvil.

Murvil is improving. It looks like they have gotten better each week. The question marks are beginning to be answered. Players are becoming more comfortable with their roles. Depth is being built.

I'm gonna need some strong red koolaid before Thursday night.

It's cool to be a fan of a team that nobody in Tennessee can beat! It's great to be a fan of Maryville.

Alcoa has the same situation in 3A. The Tornadoes will cruise to another State Championship Trophy. I bet Alcoa would still be a power at 4A or 5A.

Ehh, that's debatable. True, we beat teams in 4A and 5A and even 6A, but I'm not sure we have the numbers to beat them week in & week out. And yes, I certainly hope 2014 is #14 for the Big A!

StrongX ... you think me and you need to go over to George's house tonight later on and help him game plan some for this one?  Sounds like he may need some help.

P.S.  If you really want to make West mad, you just mispronounce the Cottrell kid's last name.  I slipped up last year and referred to him as "cuh-TRAIL" and I had an irate fan come in to the press box to let me know.   :wub: