Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

If you are using John Garret as the standard you are going to be disappointed every year from now on. I doubt there has been many, if any, QB's in the history of Tennessee football that had a better year than John did last year. That was special and will never happen again at MHS. Tyler is doing fine and MHS is lucky to have him behind the center.

Agree 100%. John Garrett spoiled all of us.

The West secondary is excellent Max Bacon, Alex Burch, Tommy Pridemore and Haden Shimlock. Those guys get a lot of interceptions. I think the key to this game is going to be which team can establish and sustain their running attack, allowing them to pass when they want to, not just when they have to because that could be tough for both teams.

The West secondary is excellent Max Bacon, Alex Burch, Tommy Pridemore and Haden Shimlock. Those guys get a lot of interceptions. I think the key to this game is going to be which team can establish and sustain their running attack, allowing them to pass when they want to, not just when they have to because that could be tough for both teams.

I think you make a good point.  I think that a big difference will be whether Maryville can contain the big plays.  If West busts one or two big ones early then West is going to be feeling mighty good at home.  Maryville plays a bit more grind it out and the home run threat isn't there quite as much.  So, if West can jump on Maryville with big plays then that will definitely open up their passing game as Maryville will make changes to keep the West running backs at bay.  Could be a very fun game.

Psh. Maryville always has a good QB. Naturally you are going to have some that are a little better than others but that goes without saying. I recall Patton Robinette making some mistakes at times and wouldn't you say he turned out ok?

Unfortunately Patton Robinette picked up a bad attitude at Vanderbilt. The way he taunted UT last season was unforgivable(payback will be a b*tch in 2014).

Unfortunately Patton Robinette picked up a bad attitude at Vanderbilt. The way he taunted UT last season was unforgivable(payback will be a b*tch in 2014).

I'm a vol fan until I die but it's college football... That kid got passed up by a team in his own backyard so of course if he makes the play to beat them he is gonna feel some type of way... Franklin installs that winning attitude into his players you can't down robinette for that.

Good Lord .... some of our Maryville fans are so spoiled it's UNREAL !! John Garrett just had the greatest season ever by a Maryville QB .... Anybody expecting every Maryville QB from here on out to have the same type of season is Clueless ... John Garrett should of Received a LOT more Attention for his Remarkable Season than he did ... I will say this too , John Garrett is the best QB in TN history not to be playing QB at the College Level . We're 2 games in , we just dominated Alcoa ... with Vaught making  some Amazing plays ... his run after the bad Snap for just 9 yards may be one of the best runs ever by a Maryville QB ...

I've got an idea fellow Maryville fans ... why don't we give that Quarles guy the benefit of the doubt ( I've heard a rumor this Quarles guy might just know a thing or Two about teaching this Football Game ) LOL , Hilarious ...  :mrgreen:

This team is not last years team , there's more than one way to win a Game , so what if we have to rely more on the Defense than the Offense .... You Play The Game to WIN !!!  Not to see how many Td's or Interceptions the QB can throw !!!!

In other news , I did Eat a Nice "Chk Fil A" sandwich before the game !!  :mrgreen: