Week 2: Maryville at Knox West

BigDave1967

I said earlier this would be the toughest game in the Regular Season. West has a ton of speed on both sides of the ball. Maryville won't see a back this year as fast as Nathan Cottrell. Seth Marshall had a great game vs Maryville 2 years ago. I also believe West won't see a defense like Maryville's this year. I think the game will be close but I give the nod to Maryville because of GQ and the awesome DL of Maryville. Go Red Rebels.

Well if West wins than Maryville's 92 straight district game winning streak will be snapped... let that sink in for a sec. Should Maryville win you might as well say 99 straight bc no one in the district can beat Maryville.

That being said ill be there regardless at West to cheer on my team.

I say West pulls the upset and continues their home winning streak 28-24!

Go West!

If you are using John Garret as the standard you are going to be disappointed every year from now on. I doubt there has been many, if any, QB's in the history of Tennessee football that had a better year than John did last year. That was special and will never happen again at MHS. Tyler is doing fine and MHS is lucky to have him behind the center.

No Garrett was not the standard to me. Just a very good game manger. good enough to get his team (along with others) a state tittle. Not the best QB i have seen at MHS, but pretty good.

No Garrett was not the standard to me. Just a very good game manger. good enough to get his team (along with others) a state tittle. Not the best QB i have seen at MHS, but pretty good.

It would be hard to pick out the best QB maryville has had because they always have a good one. But I will say this... Garrett was the smartest QB that I have seen at Maryville. And that's what made him so good.

No doubt, West has a good team....Maryville will have to make several mistakes for West to pull an upset, and I don't think that is going to happen....

MHS 31

West 14

Maryville will win due to its depth. West has no depth beyond it's first teams. They also had an injury to a front line player this past week I heard. No one to replace him. No big plays, no turn overs, win the T of P  battle and run them from side line to side line. 

Maryville will win due to its depth. West has no depth beyond it's first teams. They also had an injury to a front line player this past week I heard. No one to replace him. No big plays, no turn overs, win the T of P  battle and run them from side line to side line. 

AP poll out. 6A #1 Maryville vs. 5A # 1 West. Should be a great game.