South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

Marions weak schedule will hurt them in playoffs I believe.

The east is kinda weak anyway. Next year's schedule should be better. Ross is keeping sp and has to choose between Seq and Grundy for the other out of district game. I think he is leaning toward keeping SC. At least I hope. That's a better rivalry than Grundy. Hopefully you guys fix your problems and get back to winning.

The east is kinda weak anyway. Next year's schedule should be better. Ross is keeping sp and has to choose between Seq and Grundy for the other out of district game. I think he is leaning toward keeping SC. At least I hope. That's a better rivalry than Grundy. Hopefully you guys fix your problems and get back to winning.

thanks and I hope so too. Too much talent in Sequatchie to have a disappointing season

Marions weak schedule will hurt them in playoffs I believe.

I don't think Marion's so called 'weak' schedule hurts them as much as most of you want to believe.  Our schedule is what it is for one.  We play 5 teams with a losing schedule.  out of those 5, 2 are district games (no choice), and the other 3 are 3A teams (2 of which are traditional valley games).  Our only loss was to a 4A team by 1 defensive score and we held to less than 110 yards offense.  Most of our games have been by a big enough margin to get our younger players some game time which will help next year.  It also helped our first string get off the field some and try to keep them injury free for the post season.  So just exactly how is this 'weak' schedule so detrimental to our post season success?

No doubt Hixson is a better team than Central and they proved it on the field. 8 fumbles and 2 int probably didn't help Central much either. Central has turned the ball over a lot this year except when they played us. We scrimmaged Hixson in August and they had some big and fast kids but we played them even. One thing about that scrimmage though, they couldn't tackle Zeman. Their coach called all his defense out on the field about it too. He said "you know who he is! He is in the papers and on the news all season! This is your chance to tackle him!" The next play we ran, Blake ran over about 5 of them.

Edited by PurplePower68