Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

Either have a total split or put everyone together and have three classes with a 2.0 multiplier. No D1 no D2.

You aren't considering the money side, more classifications means more playoff tickets, and more championship games to sell tv broadcasting rights, more economic benefit for Cookeville means they pay TSSAA more each new contract. A D3 Whiner's Bowl between Trousdale Co. and Lewis County could be huge!

Although it appears now the road to the Whiner's Bowl goes straight through McKenzie! 

Maybe Knox Catholic too. I do t know their official enrollment but I remember not too long ago they were in the district with Maryville.

Catholic would be up there too. Maybe a private committee could work things out themselves with Lipscomb and Catholic in a midsize group.

You aren't considering the money side, more classifications means more playoff tickets, and more championship games to sell tv broadcasting rights, more economic benefit for Cookeville means they pay TSSAA more each new contract. A D3 Whiner's Bowl between Trousdale Co. and Lewis County could be huge!

Although it appears now the road to the Whiner's Bowl goes straight through McKenzie! 

Dude, I nearly spit my Slushy drink all over the computer reading this comment.  It was funny.  You sir win the internet for the night.

I know of an open zoned school that pulls from three counties. You are right, there is a difference with privates......you have to pay between 8 and 15k per year and opened zoned does not.

Maybe some do out west, but in our area they don't. Put a dot on your small rural schools, using a scale put a circle around the area. Then do the same thing and put a circle two to three times larger. It makes a difference. I'm not accusing any private school of recruiting or anything shady, but the facts are facts and you do have an advantage of getting kids from a much larger area.

Maybe Knox Catholic too. I do t know their official enrollment but I remember not too long ago they were in the district with Maryville.

Knox Catholic was big enough that the 1.8 multiplier jumped them up 2 classes a few years ago. They dropped back down to only 1 class up a couple years ago when the rules were changed to only require a single class up no matter where the multiplier put you.

It's going to be a long time before that happens with the way the TSSAA is dragging their feet and will probably keep doing so

Ithink this is the year they really do something, its along onerdue, they do need to take all things into account,its not just a public and private issue. Several schools are thriving  in different ways.Nearly all the powerhouses in all the classes  have some type of advantages.Public and private is a dang good place to start.

Look at the turmoil within the school system over the last several years. Turnover in administration. Loss of teachers and other things. Heck you had the TN teacher of the year a few years ago and because of internal politics she is now in Trenton. Peoe with excellent track records and experience from outside the district have applied for open positions and they ignore that and give to internal people. They try to take care of their own. But how is that working out for the schools?? You keep doing the same things you keep getting the same results. Academics and athletics suffer. I am a Lake co supporter and I wish them nothing but the best. The people in charge just have to start making better decisions.

The sschool board started this mess.Hired a new super from Memphis and he brought in a couple of his friends and demoted the principals that were already there.Lost about 22 teachers including a couple very popular coaches and students.Have a new principal now and it seems like she and the school board didnt hire within the system.Hired a boys coach with basically no experience that I hope works out and a girls coach from Dresden.Don't know the situation but for some reason Coach Johnson stepped down,supposedely on his own and most Lake Co people would have thought Coach Newsome,middle school coach for 10 years and very successful would have been offered the job with his record and knowing all the players.Now he has resigned,his wife has taken a job at Dyersburg starting next year.She also is a teacher of the year.So,actually hiring outside the system started this whole mess.

I know of an open zoned school that pulls from three counties. You are right, there is a difference with privates......you have to pay between 8 and 15k per year and opened zoned does not.

That's another problem with TSSAA...two of the schools from counties of which you speak have submitted text messages to current players sent from coaches at this school (recruiting). Nothing of a response in return, and were reported months ago. Mention something unfair and you're a whiner, and told to report facts if you have them...keep quiet and report clear violations, and nothing. Just two more cents worth.