Why doesn't maryville play other states top teams?

I'm not a hater. I think they have done incredible things. If they don't want to play OOS teams, so be it. I know as a Gallatin fan, it was an absolute BLAST getting to watch my team take on the Canton McKinley (OHIO) Bulldogs at the Hall of Fame Stadium. If Maryville plays another big school like that, the kids would never forget it.

OK Greatone I'll humor you ... As a Gallatin fan do you feel like this qualifies you to instruct Coach George Quarles in what is best for Maryville High School ? I mean , I'm sure being a Gallatin fan has to far out weigh anything Coach Quarles has on his resume . I do wonder if you would be so quick to accept any suggestions myself or any other Maryville fan has in regards to Gallatin Football ...... Right ?

Some people might say someone would have to be awfully arrogant to think they know better than the winningest Coach in the entire country over  the last Dozen years , but then again there might just be some Idiot Savants out there on CoachT Land who could teach George a thing or two . 

OK Greatone I'll humor you ... As a Gallatin fan do you feel like this qualifies you to instruct Coach George Quarles in what is best for Maryville High School ? I mean , I'm sure being a Gallatin fan has to far out weigh anything Coach Quarles has on his resume . I do wonder if you would be so quick to accept any suggestions myself or any other Maryville fan has in regards to Gallatin Football ...... Right ?

Some people might say someone would have to be awfully arrogant to think they know better than the winningest Coach in the entire country over the last Dozen years , but then again there might just be some Idiot Savants out there on CoachT Land who could teach George a thing or two .

224-14!! King George

Some people might say someone would have to be awfully arrogant to think they know better than the winningest Coach in the entire country over the last Dozen years , but then again there might just be some Idiot Savants out there on CoachT Land who could teach George a thing or two .

Wow. I give you guys a compliment and this is the response I receive. I'm no way did my post knock Maryville at all. How does me mentioning Gallatin playing an OOS team belittle your team? I only stated that the kids loved the experience of it. Anytime anyone even mutters the words of an out of state team, you guys want to get offensive for no reason. So like I said in my first post, the arrogance of some of this fanbase is being shown once more. Have fun blowing out your regular season schedule once again. That's sure to draw big gates.

Wow. I give you guys a compliment and this is the response I receive. I'm no way did my post knock Maryville at all. How does me mentioning Gallatin playing an OOS team belittle your team? I only stated that the kids loved the experience of it. Anytime anyone even mutters the words of an out of state team, you guys want to get offensive for no reason. So like I said in my first post, the arrogance of some of this fanbase is being shown once more. Have fun blowing out your regular season schedule once again. That's sure to draw big gates.

We will and hitt does....All seasun tickitts solt out.... :popcorneater:

One thing is for sure. There are a lot of people obsessed with Maryville. Here is what I think. If George Quarles feels like it is best to not play out of state schools than I support him. If George decides in a few years he wants to schedule Hoover,Byrnes or Louisville Trinity then I will support it 100 percent. George has done way too much good for Maryville Rebel Football for me to question him.

Wow. I give you guys a compliment and this is the response I receive. I'm no way did my post knock Maryville at all. How does me mentioning Gallatin playing an OOS team belittle your team? I only stated that the kids loved the experience of it. Anytime anyone even mutters the words of an out of state team, you guys want to get offensive for no reason. So like I said in my first post, the arrogance of some of this fanbase is being shown once more. Have fun blowing out your regular season schedule once again. That's sure to draw big gate

Don't group all Maryville fans in one basket. I, and many other Maryville fans, would love to see Marvyille go out of state. I would also love to see one of those power houses visit the confines of MHS.

Your posts make me laugh. My brother works in Ru-Co (lives in Will-Co) and he tells me all the tall tales and legends that he has heard from his Ru-Co coworkers. We're just a little ole school up near the mountains. It is nice that the Knoxville Airport is in Blount County. It's more convenient when we fly players in on game day .

None of this really matters at al because when the TSSAA votes to separate public and private schools which will include open enrollment schools, Maryville will then be able to call themselves the best private school in the state......But when that happens, watch their enrollment drop.

Not going to happen. They aren't going to put open zones schools with privates. The biggest thing is the word PUBLIC in front of the school no matter if it's open zoned or not. The TSSAA doesn't have the right or authority to tell an entire county how to run THEIR school system. They would make 3 different classifications before that happens.

Edited by Swipes

Not going to happen. They aren't going to put open zones schools with privates. The biggest thing is the word PUBLIC in front of the school no matter if it's open zoned or not. The TSSAA doesn't have the right or authority to tell an entire county how to run THEIR school system. They would make 3 different classifications before that happens.

Your missing the point completley. Yes they dont have the right to tell a county how to run their schools but they do have the right as a regulating body of Tennessee High School Sports to dictate the division of the types of schools. This has already been proven and tried in court in the State of Ohio where they divided public and private including open zone schools.