Mairvul att Alcoee

STARSNBARS

I went to the freshman game and Alcoa beat us 49-7 and was setting inside the ten yard line and the coaches made them take a knee and the fans were wanting blood because of the call at the end of the ball game Friday Night. I didn't go and didn't see what people think they thought they saw but from live feed which anyone can go back and watch the replay it will show the penalty on Alcoa plain and simple. Me and Stars talked about it yesterday and he agreed with what I saw. It hurts to lose a game like that and who knows better than us three years ago at the state. I never heard so much nonsense in all my life as I did this evening over that call.  I told one guy that wouldn't shut up about it that when I was in high school we got screwed on the last play of the game in a double overtime and that was forty years ago and I haven't had a good night sleep since. 

I went to the freshman game and Alcoa beat us 49-7 and was setting inside the ten yard line and the coaches made them take a knee and the fans were wanting blood because of the call at the end of the ball game Friday Night. I didn't go and didn't see what people think they thought they saw but from live feed which anyone can go back and watch the replay it will show the penalty on Alcoa plain and simple. Me and Stars talked about it yesterday and he agreed with what I saw. It hurts to lose a game like that and who knows better than us three years ago at the state. I never heard so much nonsense in all my life as I did this evening over that call.  I told one guy that wouldn't shut up about it that when I was in high school we got screwed on the last play of the game in a double overtime and that was forty years ago and I haven't had a good night sleep since. 

Rankin and Alcoa have nothing to complain about. I saw a lot of stuff go against Maryville. Lots of bad spots and what about the clock not starting after Alcoa ran a play with 2 minutes left.

Rankin and Alcoa have nothing to complain about. I saw a lot of stuff go against Maryville. Lots of bad spots and what about the clock not starting after Alcoa ran a play with 2 minutes left.

All I can say is watch the replay, it can't be tampered with. Sour grapes is what it is and I sure would hate to see anyone have forty years of bad sleep over a football game.

Yup, it was a fair call......but, without it.....Murvul gets the "L"

We'll just put it down as another Loss in the IFL then ... lol :mrgreen:   I hate that the game ended the way that it did , but like Barn I was watching by that time online on the greatamericanrivalry.com site and it was a blatant hold ... without that hold the ball might not of ever been thrown , who knows , maybe a different IFL scenario . Either way , Alcoa has my Respect and they gave us all we could handle and I'll be cheering them on for the rest of the way , Good Luck Tornadoes !!

Yup, it was a fair call......but, without it.....Murvul gets the "L"

Your right and we know it. Even though we won some of us feel like we didn't for many reasons. The rain delay done us more damage than anything. It gave Alcoa a good rest who had less depth. Both teams will gain out of this down the road. I just hate bitterness over something I saw different on Live Feed which can be viewed by anyone who wants to go there and see it. If it had of been bad for sure I would be the first to say the ref needs to go get his eye's checked out.

I guess we'll never know about the "L". It wasn't a scoring play called back so ' not guranteeing anything.  Alcoa's defense had a chance to stop us on third and long at our 34 but with the game on the line we ate most of the clock and tacked on another three points. Beat em by 3 or 4 tds or by one and their coach will offer up excuses. No matter, I enjoy them all. 

We'll just put it down as another Loss in the IFL then ... lol :mrgreen:   I hate that the game ended the way that it did , but like Barn I was watching by that time online on the greatamericanrivalry.com site and it was a blatant hold ... without that hold the ball might not of ever been thrown , who knows , maybe a different IFL scenario . Either way , Alcoa has my Respect and they gave us all we could handle and I'll be cheering them on for the rest of the way , Good Luck Tornadoes !!

I'm glad that you saw what I did and willing to talk about it. Stars and me talked yesterday and he agreed 100%. or I would have needed to get my eye's checked.