Trezvant at Trinity Christian

TennesseeVol

Friday night was a great night. I was able to watch first hand a true SEC staring running back in person. But more important I was able to watch a team that was counted out last spring working to compete in the semi finals of the state TCA was never given a chance from the first snap in August. But because of the coaches and the senior leadership this group came together and achieved something great. They learned that through hard work and trusting their brother anything can happen. I am so proud of the boys from TCA. I also want to congratulate the boys from Trezvant. They are a great group of young men and I hope and expect them to bring the gold ball home. Also I want to make the state aware of the fact that TCA was a very young team. Our offensive line will be intact for the next 2 years. Our defensive line will loose 2 but was replaced regularly by 2 others. We had a true freshman and sophomore start at linebacker for the semifinal game. So beware of what is growing at TCA. What our young men found out is there is another level. And guess what they are scheduled for work outs Monday at 5:30 am. Congrats to a great Trezvant team. This is from a Memphis raised public school parent. So I see both sides. Memphis you deserve it. I don't care 4a, 2a crap 10a go compete and win But you better be working out on December 6 or you will be left behind. Because Region 6 is already ready to compete in 2016.

• Upvote 1

Friday night was a great night. I was able to watch first hand a true SEC staring running back in person. But more important I was able to watch a team that was counted out last spring working to compete in the semi finals of the state TCA was never given a chance from the first snap in August. But because of the coaches and the senior leadership this group came together and achieved something great. They learned that through hard work and trusting their brother anything can happen. I am so proud of the boys from TCA. I also want to congratulate the boys from Trezvant. They are a great group of young men and I hope and expect them to bring the gold ball home. Also I want to make the state aware of the fact that TCA was a very young team. Our offensive line will be intact for the next 2 years. Our defensive line will loose 2 but was replaced regularly by 2 others. We had a true freshman and sophomore start at linebacker for the semifinal game. So beware of what is growing at TCA. What our young men found out is there is another level. And guess what they are scheduled for work outs Monday at 5:30 am. Congrats to a great Trezvant team. This is from a Memphis raised public school parent. So I see both sides. Memphis you deserve it. I don't care 4a, 2a crap 10a go compete and win But you better be working out on December 6 or you will be left behind. Because Region 6 is already ready to compete in 2016.

Inspiring and classy post

My final thoughts on this game.  Even without Goldsmith, I honestly thought we would win.  I was thinking something like 21-16.  When I saw Trezevant's size I still was not overly worried as we had beaten bigger teams before.  

To be honest, Richardson was not overly impressive to me on tape.  He certainly proved to be 100x better in person.  He is one of the top 3-5 high school backs that I have personally ever seen in all the years I have been watching, playing, and covering high school football.  The O-line for Trezevant was very good as well.  The athletic ability on defense overcame the silly penalties that they committed. Their speed negated any advantage we may of had.

I will eat my crow.  Simply put, the Bears were the superior team.  They have a 2A enrollment with 4A or better talent.  TCA put up the good fight and never quit.  But,  it was not nearly enough on that night.  I just hope our boys that were injured during the game can quickly heal. Some took severe beatings.  

That comment should go over well..

Wondering when you were going to show your face again? Were you there Friday? No, we are not a one man team. One man doesn't beat a team like Trez. Would it have been closer? Absolutely. When Goldsmith played it freed up all of the other playmakers. See McKenzie game. TREZ would not be the same without Richardson but they are not a one man team. It's ludicrous to think a team that makes it to the final four is a one man team. I went to see your boys over at USJ play against Gibson Co on Sat night. Your superstar had 35 points and had an outstanding game! He's a lot better than last year but he's not the only player. USJ scored 81 and won by 15. They couldn't have won with his points only. Is UJS a different team without their stud? Absolutely but they are not a one man show! It takes a team to go far. USJ will go far in basketball this year if they continue to at as a team.

Edited by TCAIntense

You are breaking TSSAA rules. You'll be in jail.