Offishull Mairvul 2016 Footbawl thread

STARSNBARS

Concerning that so many freshman will likely contribute so much. Nothing negative regarding the kids, but typically that is not a good sign that you will be playing 14 and 15 year old kids in a 17 to 18 year old dominated game. 

Glad that came from you than me. I had someone I talked to over the weekend and said the same very thing that follows Maryville all over the place and speaks their mind and don't wear rose colored glasses. Those kids are great for their age but someone reminded me of all the kids that did start as freshmen, where did they end up after high school. The fact is many times that the spot they are playing in is so depleted and GQ will go with the younger kid in this situation and build on the future.

Eye'm shore ewe fellers ere rite and nose a lott moore abowt this thain me..... Eye down't no whur TD and Matt weal end upp aftur hi skool....Butt eye'm glaid we haid tham 3 yeer ago.....Caws eye ain't shore we cain beet Blackmun wifout tham...jmo.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Glad that came from you than me. I had someone I talked to over the weekend and said the same very thing that follows Maryville all over the place and speaks their mind and don't wear rose colored glasses. Those kids are great for their age but someone reminded me of all the kids that did start as freshmen, where did they end up after high school. The fact is many times that the spot they are playing in is so depleted and GQ will go with the younger kid in this situation and build on the future.

There may be some future building going on, but rest assured that those kids will play because their abilities are better than the upperclassman that are potentially behind them. Maryville and GQ may not do it right every time, but don't think for a second that they are not about winning championships.

Edited by MLREB

GQ always has a master plan in mind.  If he is playing more freshman than usual, there is a good reason. Frankly, the reason doesn't matter.  He is such a genius at utilizing his talent, if I were an opposing coach I would be scared too death! We have all seen him use talent, not always to the special skills of the player, but to the benefit of the team!  Alcoa and Fulton games have nothing to do with winning a another Gold ball.  If he can get these young players and the team plugged in by November, that's all that matters, and nobody does it better! 

GQ always has a master plan in mind.  If he is playing more freshman than usual, there is a good reason. Frankly, the reason doesn't matter.  He is such a genius at utilizing his talent, if I were an opposing coach I would be scared too death! We have all seen him use talent, not always to the special skills of the player, but to the benefit of the team!  Alcoa and Fulton games have nothing to do with winning a another Gold ball.  If he can get these young players and the team plugged in by November, that's all that matters, and nobody does it better! 

I would say if a fan is bellyaching about a freshman or sophomore starting, then his little Johnny or Tommy must have got beat out by a freshman or sophomore. Anyone with half a brain knows GQ is a football mastermind. He sees the talent and knows where to plug it in.