• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

bleacher

Metro Rankings

It’s scheduled, but last I heard they’re not playing. I’ve heard that WC does not want to play. Back to back games with East and PC would be tough for most teams but especially for one trying to get back up on its feet again...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, CoachF said:

It’s scheduled, but last I heard they’re not playing. I’ve heard that WC does not want to play. Back to back games with East and PC would be tough for most teams but especially for one trying to get back up on its feet again...

Smart move by WC.

9 hours ago, CoachF said:

1 hour ago, hardtackle said:

Smart move by WC.

Now teams are getting to pick and choose which region games they wish the play.  I've seen it all this year.  Does this count as a "COVID forfeit" or will it be classified as a forfeit due to not wishing to play?  In the past years schools that just chose to forfeit games in this manner were always fined by the TSSAA.  Is that going to be the case this time?  

I saw Whites Creek on film from two weeks ago.  #10 Austyn Day (the QB that transferred from Springfield I believe) had an impressive night throwing the football.  

• Like 1

When you think about players not playing in the school they are zoned whether it be public or private one school affected the most by loss of players is Antioch. I am sure there are others also. 

21 minutes ago, fb247 said:

When you think about players not playing in the school they are zoned whether it be public or private one school affected the most by loss of players is Antioch. I am sure there are others also. 

Traditionally I agree.  The demographic change has me questioning it a bit though in regards to Antioch.  I would throw the Parkwood area of town in that mix.  Loads of talent that used to be split between Whites Creek, Maplewood, and Hunter's Lane.  Those kids are everywhere but those schools: East, PC, BA, Ensworth, FRA, etc.

10 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Traditionally I agree.  The demographic change has me questioning it a bit though in regards to Antioch.  I would throw the Parkwood area of town in that mix.  Loads of talent that used to be split between Whites Creek, Maplewood, and Hunter's Lane.  Those kids are everywhere but those schools: East, PC, BA, Ensworth, FRA, etc.

As I said I am sure other areas are affected. I also see McGavock being stripped of  some athletes. 

57 minutes ago, fb247 said:

There is another metro school a mile away that might be more appealing than the Antioch Bears.  BA has always recruited the area well (UNA kids).  Seems most kids in Metro can go anywhere they want if they provide their own transportation.  I think the days of a metro team winning a title are gone (hope i am wrong).  Hillsboro 2008 is the last team to do it by beating Maryville.  

28 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

There is another metro school a mile away that might be more appealing than the Antioch Bears.  BA has always recruited the area well (UNA kids).  Seems most kids in Metro can go anywhere they want if they provide their own transportation.  I think the days of a metro team winning a title are gone (hope i am wrong).  Hillsboro 2008 is the last team to do it by beating Maryville.  

I am sure there were a few players on that team that were out of zone also. It has nothing to do with more appealing to me , it is about the decline of metro football overall. I am also pretty sure every school that has won a state championship in metro had out of zone players and that is why metro overall is so bad.  

Edited by fb247

3 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I am sure there were a few players on that team that were out of zone also.

What do you mean by out of zone?  Special transfers are those kids that were approved by the district to be at whatever school they ended up at.  An example would be John Henderson who was allegedly zoned for McGavock but was able to play at PC due to a special transfer rule or the fact that they were an entertainment magnet school which allows students to attend who don't have this learning option at their zoned school.  Most schools in metro have "out of zone" kids attending.  

9 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

What do you mean by out of zone?  Special transfers are those kids that were approved by the district to be at whatever school they ended up at.  An example would be John Henderson who was allegedly zoned for McGavock but was able to play at PC due to a special transfer rule or the fact that they were an entertainment magnet school which allows students to attend who don't have this learning option at their zoned school.  Most schools in metro have "out of zone" kids attending.  

Having been in metro as long as you were you know the special transfer rule is a bunch of bull. Just a way to get around going to your zoned school to play sports. Academics has nothing to do with.

Edited by fb247

On 10/4/2020 at 4:45 PM, FBfan26 said:

Freshmen game this week. East vs PC Monday

How's your freshman doing this funky year? I always expect a trouncing when we play ya'll, but sounds like there were a lot of turnovers today...