South Pittsburg vs Culumbia Academy (Grider against this Lansdell man)

Roy Dillard

You miss the point. I never said we beat Greenback. They beat us fair and square. I was just countering his statement saying that we got a beat down last year. Which we didn't.

Didn't say "beat down" Chachi, I said beat your eyes shut. Slight difference. But it was still a big fat W for the Cherokees. And your team will be irrelevant after this year, just like it has been for most of its existence!

CA actually had a better team in 2014 IMO. They gave NCS a decent game in the playoffs. I watched the game between CA and GB last year. They didnt seem to be as complete of a team as the year before.

This is a true statement. We were easily the third best team In the state that year. Unfortunately though we were in the west that year which is a gauntlet to go through to get to state.

What is Columbia Academy's playoff record? Are they even in the playoffs every year? I had never heard of them until last year. It's funny these private schools get a decent team for a year or 2 and want to act like they are a perennial powerhouse. What a joke! Are they playing d2 next year? If so they will struggle to make the playoffs ever again.

As of right now playoff info for both teams look like this. 

South Pittsburg has played exactly 100 playoff games.  They are 72-28 overall while outscoring opponents 3116 to 1561 or 31.16 ppg to 15.61 ppg.  In the quarterfinals the Pirates are 15-6 while outscoring opponents 549-345 or 26-16 per game.

Columbia Academy is 12-13 overall in the playoffs outscoring opponents 24.2 - 23.3 per game. In the quarterfinals they are 1-3 while being outscored by their opponents 32-25.  Their only win in the quarterfinals came last year at South Pittsburg 56-28.

South Pittsburg's last quarterfinal win came in 2013 when they beat Coalfield 43-22, which was also the last time that they made it to the state championship game. 

By the way, this isn't a "Look at our record" post, just providing info for GHSblackhelmet.

As of right now playoff info for both teams look like this. 

South Pittsburg has played exactly 100 playoff games.  They are 72-28 overall while outscoring opponents 3116 to 1561 or 31.16 ppg to 15.61 ppg.  In the quarterfinals the Pirates are 15-6 while outscoring opponents 549-345 or 26-16 per game.

Columbia Academy is 12-13 overall in the playoffs outscoring opponents 24.2 - 23.3 per game. In the quarterfinals they are 1-3 while being outscored by their opponents 32-25.  Their only win in the quarterfinals came last year at South Pittsburg 56-28.

South Pittsburg's last quarterfinal win came in 2013 when they beat Coalfield 43-22, which was also the last time that they made it to the state championship game. 

By the way, this isn't a "Look at our record" post, just providing info for GHSblackhelmet.

Thank you sir.  

Edit:  I didn't account for their 2 playoff wins this year.  My bad.

Edited by Southtowner