South Pittsburg vs Culumbia Academy (Grider against this Lansdell man)

Roy Dillard

They are referring to our three silver balls. 2009,2011,2013. Union City and Wayne County were veer teams that we could never seem to get a stop when we needed it.

Up until that point we haven't seen anything like that even in the semi's & quarter's. Our Defense was never suited to stop discipline teams the last 8 or so years. Peak try's to instill assignment football from what I see so I like out chances against those type teams now. I feel we ran our self out of stops from blitzing all the durn time. 

Up until that point we haven't seen anything like that even in the semi's & quarter's. Our Defense was never suited to stop discipline teams the last 8 or so years. Peak try's to instill assignment football from what I see so I like out chances against those type teams now. I feel we ran our self out of stops from blitzing all the durn time.

It wasn't from blitzing all the time most of the time it was because we ran a three-man front

Edited by PiratePrideChamp

They are referring to our three silver balls. 2009,2011,2013. Union City and Wayne County were veer teams that we could never seem to get a stop when we needed it.

That big play against Wayne following the blown scoring opportunity (with much help from blind zebras) was from a broken play and a very good qb went about 55 yards up the middle on us.  We did relatively good that game on many drives.  Our kicking game was so deplorable that they started mid field or better a lot that game.  Then there was the faux taunting call against our receiver for the state title game record pass play and play of the year in any class.  That was tacked onto the kick off with a kicker that had a hard time normally. 

We don't mind getting beat, we don't like losing but if you beat us fair and square we can respect that. Teams who do it one time and are not in the playoffs that much and have big mouths. We have good memories and like I said before if we can't earn your respect we will rip it out your throat.

What is this mess, ripping out tongues & sitch?

That CA coach better run that QB Johnson when pressured on pass attempts instead of throwing it away or up for grabs and that CA coach better go for it on every 4th down.... CA coach punts or turns it over on downs it's gonna get ugly score wise. Only way to keep it a game is to keep the Pirates time of possession down to nill, to nothing.

The veer?? Who the world runs the veer besides grundy now? Also, I don't recall having problems with the veer in recent memory?

Union City runs the veer as well as anyone.  There is nothing special about it if you don't have the personnel to run it and dont put in the work to perfect it.  Some teams make an attempt to run it but aren't very effective. Two years ago in the semi- finals UC had linemen who were quick, strong and athletic. They had an abundance of backs and a QB who knew that offense in his sleep. The fakes and spins and handoffs were so well timed and orchestrated that no one knew where the ball was until the back was three to four yards past the line of scrimmage.  Im sure to UC fans, it was a beautiful thing to watch.  To us NCS fans, it was very frustrating.  If a team half buys into it and runs a few plays with players who might not fit the scheme, no big deal to defend. But when the right team buys into it and eats, drinks, sleeps, lives and dies by the veer, it makes for a long, demoralizing night!

That big play against Wayne following the blown scoring opportunity (with much help from blind zebras) was from a broken play and a very good qb went about 55 yards up the middle on us.  We did relatively good that game on many drives.  Our kicking game was so deplorable that they started mid field or better a lot that game.  Then there was the faux taunting call against our receiver for the state title game record pass play and play of the year in any class.  That was tacked onto the kick off with a kicker that had a hard time normally. 

Don't forget the first game against Union City, had them forced into 3rd and long but a personal foul gave them a first down which set up their game winning field goal.