AP Top 10 Class 1A Sept 18

Southtowner

1 hour ago, ZEBRA35 said:

Curious do any East TN teams schedule up? Huntingdon regularly plays 3A Milan 3A Camden 2A McKenzie every year and picked up 2A semi finalist Waverly this year and used to play 3A Martin Westview Union City and Dresden every year

Cloudland played 3a Gatlinburg Pittman.Still has Happy Valley ranked 7th in 2a and Johnson County ranked 3rd in 3a.

Edited by Appvol

6 hours ago, Appvol said:

Cloudland played 3a Gatlinburg Pittman.Still has Happy Valley ranked 7th in 2a and Johnson County ranked 3rd in 3a.

We were giving 3a a lot of thought when we reclassified. We couldn,t afford the gas is we were to play only 1a teams. Region 1 in 3a is really weak but nothing like our region. We would have been fine in 3a until the playoffs.

11 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ambassador's 1A Poll

1. Huntingdon 
2. Coalfield
3. South Pittsburg 
4. Greenback 
5. Wayne County
6. Dresden 
7. Lake County
8. Whitwell
9. Cornersville
10. Cloudland

I'm glad you put Cornersville in.  I overlooked them then mentioned them after I put mine up.   Their win over Moore County and Fayetteville's loss to them can't go unnoticed.

15 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

If Huntingdon beats Milan we can pretty much stop this conversation

15 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Milan isn't bad, but they aren't great. 

15 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I agree. But no other 1A school could come within 21 of Milan maybe 14

Typically Milan is a BIG measuring STICK for any program that plays them.  I am not sure that is the case this year.   I expect they will squeak out a win from Huntingdon nothing more. 

1 hour ago, dawgswin said:

Does 5-0 Whitwell  have a shot at beating 5-0 South Pittsburg this year?

They have a lot more shot than they've had in the past. They are a much improved team. They have a lot of speed and I really believe they are in the top 4 in the east and top 8 in the state. Also we are only 4-0. We have a tough test coming Friday from Lipscomb. 

Confidence booster, a 0 in the loss column, and another W on the new turf is what the Mustangs are after Friday night. Everyone wants to stay undefeated and right now the target is on Huntingdons back. Hope we step up and play to our potential and stay healthy. In the big picture all this game is for is a big gate and to see what needs work. Wayne Co game cant get here fast enough!