Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

1 hour ago, bluegoldbbfan said:

So wish you would find another team to follow and quit bashing the Huntingdon Fillies and coaches.  Or better yet maybe you should apply for the job since you seem to be the expert in all sports.  What happen to being encouraging and supportive of all individuals.  Negativity accomplishments nothing.  

He is not bashing the Fillies at all, just stating the obvious. Your softball team has gotten beat the past 2 years in the first round of region. Just two bad games, that unfortunately ended yalls season. Jay lowery is a great coach that works with the girls and has a great relationship with them. The Fillies softball team have destroyed us in every game we have played the past 3 years, and McKenzie have had pretty good teams. The basketball team is a young squad that lost 4 starters off of last years semifinal team, so the growing pains were expected. I thought that McKenzie basketball would be first in the district but the Fillies are playing much better than us. Huntingdon is improving as the season goes on and that showed last night against Gibson County. Also I saw a comment above that Carroll County lacks AAU and that is so true. McKenzie has only had two players to ever play AAU and that is our point guard (Shelby Davis) and our post player (Anna Callahan). Lilly Bennett,our MVP, is a athlete in every sport she plays. She has played softball her whole life, but quit the softball team because of the coach. She would definitely benefit by playing AAU. Nobody in McKenzie ever wanted to play basketball on the high school level because we haven't had a good coach since Dan Ridley retired in 2011 or so. So most of the girls always stuck with softball. Carroll County has always been known for its softball. Maybe the recent success of the Fillies on the hardwood can influence the rest of the county to step  up their game!

2 hours ago, bluegoldbbfan said:

So wish you would find another team to follow and quit bashing the Huntingdon Fillies and coaches.  Or better yet maybe you should apply for the job since you seem to be the expert in all sports.  What happen to being encouraging and supportive of all individuals.  Negativity accomplishments nothing.  

I'm certainly not bashing the girls. They deserve a lot better than they're getting. I'm bashing the coaches and admistration for not putting emphasis on basketball that they should. They treat it like it's just something to pass the time between football seasons. Our men's team has won only 4 district championships in the history of the school! Totally unacceptable. They've even lost all of our old trophies don't have a clue where they are. I know I'm ranting but I'm old and tired of this crap. I want to win. I'm not satisfied with 2nd place. Girls in Huntingdon play ball. Lots of towns have trouble getting girls to play sports, Huntingdon girls will come out and play and they deserve the best coaching money can buy.

10 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I'm certainly not bashing the girls. They deserve a lot better than they're getting. I'm bashing the coaches and admistration for not putting emphasis on basketball that they should. They treat it like it's just something to pass the time between football seasons. Our men's team has won only 4 district championships in the history of the school! Totally unacceptable. They've even lost all of our old trophies don't have a clue where they are. I know I'm ranting but I'm old and tired of this crap. I want to win. I'm not satisfied with 2nd place. Girls in Huntingdon play ball. Lots of towns have trouble getting girls to play sports, Huntingdon girls will come out and play and they deserve the best coaching money can buy.

Wow.  I guess you have forgotten where this program was a few years ago.  They won 2 games.  Now they have been to the state 2 years in a row and nothing is ever enough.  

• Only one team can win the Gold ball.  The season is a grind and getting to state is a great accomplishment to the girls and the coaches.  They'll be 8 really good teams in the boro and very good coaches to go with them.  All of them will need a little luck along the way to win it.  I know your frustrated by not winning a championship the last 2 years, but Huntingdon was a very good team.  You take away their accomplishments by putting it all on not getting the Gold ball.  I wish that my team would have done so well.  Hang in there Croppy.

Game date has changed to next Thursday.  The schools are closed through Friday due to sickness.  If you are coming through Lawrenceburg going north, you will go through Ethridge and a few miles down the road you'll pass a Baptist church on the left.  Shaffers will be just a little down from that on the left off Hwy 43.    The game will start at 6, so 5:30 should get you a good seat.  It'll be packed !

3 hours ago, gogold said:

Game date has changed to next Thursday.  The schools are closed through Friday due to sickness.  If you are coming through Lawrenceburg going north, you will go through Ethridge and a few miles down the road you'll pass a Baptist church on the left.  Shaffers will be just a little down from that on the left off Hwy 43.    The game will start at 6, so 5:30 should get you a good seat.  It'll be packed !

Thanks for the info that would have been a long drive for a BBQ sandwich.

On 1/23/2019 at 4:52 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

That’s not what I said, you are trying to twist my words. With Chloe, Tess and this group of girls we would beat Westview.  I’ll just say after this bunch leaves the odds shift back to Westview. Westview doesn’t want to play us right now. I am done with this conversation. 

.....Just curious on your thoughts...Westview just blew Crockett County (full squad) out on Crockett County's homecourt by 32 points... What's your take? lol