IFL Classic: Maryville vs Out of State

Governm

43 minutes ago, AsNatureIntended said:

An how many times have they actually lost to the teams you mentioned in the past 10 years? Oak once and Alcoa once?

So, you just want them to play somebody they would lose to?  

And it's not as easy as some think to set up one of the out of state games.  There's a lot of issues that have to be dealt with. Maryville is a public school.  They don't have the financial advantages to be able to play in those games as many of the privates do.  

Is there magic fairy Dust on every Football team that is on the other side of the Tennessee State Line ? I don't think Coach Hunt's IFL record is going to be any better than Coach Quarles's Record ... It really is a weak spot in the Maryville Program ... a dirty little secret ... we NEVER , EVER Win a game in the IFL !!

Shut up Willie. Do not stick your whiskers into this. You just mind your own business...

I can't help myself. I would love to see how Hoover (AL) would do against the Rebels. I would also like to see if Oak Ridge could hang with Hoover. I think Hoover would be too much for Oak Ridge but MHS would take them in a similar fashion they took down Oakland.

5 hours ago, HTV said:

Maryville has played Catholic, Oakland, Fulton, and Alcoa in their non-region games in recent years.  Those teams aren't exactly Red Boiling Springs, you know.  

Exactly!These threads are ridiculous.Plenty of good teams to play in state.Your schedule rivals any.The goal is to win OUR state title,why risk injury.JMO

These guys want to see a good team plays and let them schedule Alcoa!

Edited by orngnblk

6 hours ago, Compton said:

A guy I work with deathvalley just oppose the same question on another thread. We all want 2 see them play better comp out of state........ Give it time since we agree stars will think your Compton, deathvalley, ss, rebelrecruit, blazerunner.

I would bet you run into each other every morning in the mirror when you shave and brush your teeth. This time last year all we heard was there goes the dynasty so now that didn't work out for you let's go out of state and play someone. Say we go beat Hoover then it would be there's a team in California or Texas you need to play. This watered down system we play in already straps people to death to travel a hundred miles just to see a ballgame in order for 8 teams to be given a trophy at end of the year which is a total crock. Last night people traveled to McMinn County and had to stay all night to see a game they should have called off and I'm sure the ones who battled through everything didn't get to bed until 1:30 or 2 in the morning. There are plenty of teams in the area to play and rivalries lost that have cost the schools a fortune over all this garbage.

14 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would bet you run into each other every morning in the mirror when you shave and brush your teeth. This time last year all we heard was there goes the dynasty so now that didn't work out for you let's go out of state and play someone. Say we go beat Hoover then it would be there's a team in California or Texas you need to play. This watered down system we play in already straps people to death to travel a hundred miles just to see a ballgame in order for 8 teams to be given a trophy at end of the year which is a total crock. Last night people traveled to McMinn County and had to stay all night to see a game they should have called off and I'm sure the ones who battled through everything didn't get to bed until 1:30 or 2 in the morning. There are plenty of teams in the area to play and rivalries lost that have cost the schools a fortune over all this garbage.

You would be correct. I got home at 1:45

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It’s 9 teams Barney...

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Exactly Barn,Wouldnt it be nice to know the SCIENCE behind that SWEET post?:rolleyes:

Edited by orngnblk