3a Rankings Week 5

FBfan26

46 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Marty Wheeler is still Covington's head coach. We lost some linemen to graduation, but our QB is a senior. Our running backs to start the year were returners, but Gant is injured and out for a few games. His replacement, Marcus Hayes, is a 10th grader. Last week against Milan, Hayes rushed 20 times for 311 yards and 4 TDs. Covington leads Shelby Metro in rushing. Brock Lomax, the QB, is already the all-time leading passer at Covington. 

I thought last year's team was good, but the 2018 squad is dominating so far. We destroyed 5A opponents Munford and Brighton. Our last game vs Milan ended 45-26. 

I see that Covington is ranked in the Super 25 teams in the state (regardless of classification). That ranking is well deserved, IMHO. 

Our pass defense is not as good as it could be (young players). We gave up 30 points to Brighton, mostly in the passing game, but our O managed to score 63, so we were OK.

I seen somewhere on here you guys had got a new O line coach and D coordinator if I'm not mistaken. Looks like you guys are reloaded but Good luck to you guys along the way. 

55 minutes ago, District12AA said:

You are wrong MLK has an enrollment of 1261 for middle school/high school and an enrollment of 961 for the high school. The truth is PC's QB is a MLK student and without him last year and this year they would be an average team. Since you guys are playing us this week I have been doing my research.

Meet me in the office at mlk at 730am lol. When you see 961 hs kids I'll give you everything in my bank account lol. Yes X "Qb" is a baller and had BIG shoes to fill after "jimmy" graduated"He owns PCs passing records" but to say we would be average without him is crazy. X is a kennsaw commit and which our last 3 QBs has gone off to play college ball on full scholarships. Some say X's backup might be the best QB that had came thru PC in a LOOONNNG time so keep thinking that. Good luck to your guys Friday. Any food suggestions?

1 hour ago, District12AA said:

You are wrong MLK has an enrollment of 1261 for middle school/high school and an enrollment of 961 for the high school. The truth is PC's QB is a MLK student and without him last year and this year they would be an average team. Since you guys are playing us this week I have been doing my research.

Marshall County calling anybody average is insane!! But hey if you think a school with 1300 kids can't field a football team, whether it's middle school or high school is crazy. 

11 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Marshall County calling anybody average is insane!! But hey if you think a school with 1300 kids can't field a football team, whether it's middle school or high school is crazy. 

I have more knowledge of the situation than you think. See I went to MLK and co-op and played football at Hillsboro back in the early 2000s. If you knew anything about the school you would know there is not enough interest to field a team. The middle school is not larger than the high school. It's impossible.

Life has taken me down to Marshall Co. and Coach Osteen and company have built a solid football program. 

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

I have more knowledge of the situation than you think. See I went to MLK and co-op and played football at Hillsboro back in the early 2000s. If you knew anything about the school you would know there is not enough interest to field a team. The middle school is not larger than the high school. It's impossible.

Life has taken me down to Marshall Co. and Coach Osteen and company have built a solid football program. 

I know enough to where it's only 5 MLK players on our roster. 

The polls don't mean anything other than a good talking point for us. Other than Alcoa being number one everything else will probably change in the coming weeks.

As to the whole PC/MLK issue, no one is disrespecting or not giving credit to the MLK kids for calling them PC. When those kids suit up on Friday nights they wear a PC uniform, are coached by PC coaches, play along side of PC players, etc. They are PC football.