Whitwell Tigers @ TC Jackets

TigerfootballFan

1 hour ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

If TC is winning everyone happy. If they lose everyone blames coaching, says they would have never lost if the had this coach on the sideline etc. I played for the great Coach Satt and he is a proven winner and I know guys sometimes forget now that he lost several games as well... his last 2 years as head Coach here he lost 9 games in 2 years..  Creasy who also is legend here and took over for Coach Satt in his last 3 years here he lost 8 games. People forget they didn’t win all their games either and they had some legend teams. I have a close view to this team being close to several assistant coaches on this staff. They are a close group of coaches who really get along with each other. They are coaching hard and are intense on sideline. People want to criticize and blame but they have no idea how hard these guys work. Just last week everyone was talking these guys up at their 4 game winning streak and how everyone was gelling and now people get on here destroying them. I’m biased cause two of them I grew up with. But I can tell you this, whether you agree with play calling or whether you hate the coach, I know without a doubt that TC has a head coach that cares about his players at not just being good football players but about seeing them excel in life. 

Jim B Satterfield was my head coach. In my opinion, he was a great coach, a motivator, and a character builder. I know he cared about me and all his players. He was also a serious student of football, and he converted us from an old, outdated single-wing to a modern (at the time) wing-t. We had plenty plays we could use to win a game, and he knew how to use them. He taught us that every play was designed to score a touchdown if everybody did his job. He also taught us that we should not blame anyone who made a mistake (e.g., fumble) for a loss. He said that there were too many other opportunities to win a game to blame a loss on one bad play. He also said he would never ask us to do anything that he wouldn't do. I never heard him curse or say a bad word, and I don't know any of his players who disliked him. 

I still quote him today, and one thing I regret is that I did not go tell him what he had meant to my life before he died. 

Based upon my experience, I know it is possible to have a coach who cares for his players and wants them to have good, successful lives and also has the knowledge to develop and execute a winning game plan. That is all I want for the current team and all the future Yellow Jacket teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

Jim B Satterfield was my head coach. In my opinion, he was a great coach, a motivator, and a character builder. I know he cared about me and all his players. He was also a serious student of football, and he converted us from an old, outdated single-wing to a modern (at the time) wing-t. We had plenty plays we could use to win a game, and he knew how to use them. He taught us that every play was designed to score a touchdown if everybody did his job. He also taught us that we should not blame anyone who made a mistake (e.g., fumble) for a loss. He said that there were too many other opportunities to win a game to blame a loss on one bad play. He also said he would never ask us to do anything that he wouldn't do. I never heard him curse or say a bad word, and I don't know any of his players who disliked him. 

I still quote him today, and one thing I regret is that I did not go tell him what he had meant to my life before he died. 

Based upon my experience, I know it is possible to have a coach who cares for his players and wants them to have good, successful lives and also has the knowledge to develop and execute a winning game plan. That is all I want for the current team and all the future Yellow Jacket teams.

Good post!

27 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

Jim B was a great one. But he lost his share of games as well. Losses happen. You sure don’t win them all. You learn from losses. 

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

This is my opinion, Clint does not want anyone to surpass what HE did for TC. Your ( a coach's) superintendent should not be in the pressbox trying to butt in.

I am probably in the minority. I do not care for Clint. 

Cussing and whining seems to go hand and hand in coaching.

Your all state RB has a sewer mouth on him as well. 

Way to deflect there Jimmy.

I have the same opinion of Clint as you do.

I've heard a great number of coaches on the sideline. The worst two are Waggoner and the guy from Republic.

As far as the players, I'm just telling what I heard from them. I'm sure some of our kids have gutter mouths. Doesnt mean I approve of it. What I was pointing out was the fact he was gonna tell his dad on the ref for telling him to watch his language.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

It's not my team bud, I just feel like you guys lost to a really good team. I feel like this thread most people dont feel like they lost to a good team. In reality TC has a good team as well. Sometimes a team is just better than yours. It's hard to accept I know but sometimes we are blinded by personal preferences. Which in turn dims the truth.

Not much different in 1A or 2A ball unless Alcoa drops down.lol.The top 4 in 1A could win 2A.GB,SP,Whitwell and Huntingdon are just as good as the front 4 in 2A.IMO

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

It's not my team bud, I just feel like you guys lost to a really good team. I feel like this thread most people dont feel like they lost to a good team. In reality TC has a good team as well. Sometimes a team is just better than yours. It's hard to accept I know but sometimes we are blinded by personal preferences. Which in turn dims the truth.

The way I see it is that I seen TC vs Watertown weeks ago. And that was a 1-point ball game. And IMO Watertown has better players than Whitwell at least based on last night.

I didn't see anybody from Whitwell that just had me say wow that kid is good. I watch 4-5 high school games every week so I'm used to seeing guys that pop to me. I didn't see anybody like that on Whitwell last night. I heard all week about this RB from Whitwell and he ended up with 18 carries for 58 yards. That means they have a great TEAM. But Watertown also had a great team but had great athletes too.

One of Whitwell's own coaches even said that TC had better athletes and were glad a couple kids weren't more involved in the offense. Which is exactly what some people are saying in this discussion. And Whitwell's coaches seen it too.

2 hours ago, football6 said:

This season is about over. If Polk Co. Put 25 on them then we in trouble.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Just trying to figure it out. Region 4 may struggle with Region 3 year.

In a 49-25 game that was over at halftime. I would think that Whitwell's defense may have been playing a bit differently after they got up 35-7....

And Polk County is gonna finish 2nd in Region 3. The 1s and 2s will meet in the 2nd round. And Watertown will meet the Tyner/TC winner in round 3.

This is where Sonny Moore has those teams in Region 3 and 4 ranked overall in the state with his system.

58. Watertown

80. Tyner

94. Trousdale

169. Polk County

215. Marion County

226. Westmoreland

235. Bledsoe County

269. East Robertson

291. Tellico Plains

298. Cascade

324. Jackson County

1 hour ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

Jim B was a great one. But he lost his share of games as well. Losses happen. You sure don’t win them all. You learn from losses. 

Lost his share of games? He lost enough games to get into the TSSAA Hall of Fame. He had the first undefeated team at TCHS since 1922 (41 years) and he went 32 games without a loss. In my extremely humble and accurate opinion, I don't think Waggoner is in his league.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

The way I see it is that I seen TC vs Watertown weeks ago. And that was a 1-point ball game. And IMO Watertown has better players than Whitwell at least based on last night.

I didn't see anybody from Whitwell that just had me say wow that kid is good. I watch 4-5 high school games every week so I'm used to seeing guys that pop to me. I didn't see anybody like that on Whitwell last night. I heard all week about this RB from Whitwell and he ended up with 18 carries for 58 yards. That means they have a great TEAM. But Watertown also had a great team but had great athletes too.

One of Whitwell's own coaches even said that TC had better athletes and were glad a couple kids weren't more involved in the offense. Which is exactly what some people are saying in this discussion. And Whitwell's coaches seen it too.

In a 49-25 game that was over at halftime. I would think that Whitwell's defense may have been playing a bit differently after they got up 35-7....

And Polk County is gonna finish 2nd in Region 3. The 1s and 2s will meet in the 2nd round. And Watertown will meet the Tyner/TC winner in round 3.

This is where Sonny Moore has those teams in Region 3 and 4 ranked overall in the state with his system.

58. Watertown

80. Tyner

94. Trousdale

169. Polk County

215. Marion County

226. Westmoreland

235. Bledsoe County

269. East Robertson

291. Tellico Plains

298. Cascade

324. Jackson County

I think Marion County gets the #2 seed, and Bledsoe can beat Polk at home, but I may be wrong.

4 hours ago, Jacketsalumn02 said:

If TC is winning everyone happy. If they lose everyone blames coaching, says they would have never lost if the had this coach on the sideline etc. I played for the great Coach Satt and he is a proven winner and I know guys sometimes forget now that he lost several games as well... his last 2 years as head Coach here he lost 9 games in 2 years..  Creasy who also is legend here and took over for Coach Satt in his last 3 years here he lost 8 games. People forget they didn’t win all their games either and they had some legend teams. I have a close view to this team being close to several assistant coaches on this staff. They are a close group of coaches who really get along with each other. They are coaching hard and are intense on sideline. People want to criticize and blame but they have no idea how hard these guys work. Just last week everyone was talking these guys up at their 4 game winning streak and how everyone was gelling and now people get on here destroying them. I’m biased cause two of them I grew up with. But I can tell you this, whether you agree with play calling or whether you hate the coach, I know without a doubt that TC has a head coach that cares about his players at not just being good football players but about seeing them excel in life. 

This coaching staff has list 7 games in the way to losing 8 in two seasons. Creasy lost those 9 games when the talent was down like it was for coach Satt. But the difference is that TC has the players and the talent to win a Gold ball this team has lost 3 games because it has been out coached on the offensive side of the ball Blake and the defensive coaching staff are doing a great job scheme-wise and the defense is well coached can't say the same on the offense side if the ball like most fans I refuse to accept that losing 8 games in 2 years is acceptable at TC 

23 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

58. Watertown

80. Tyner

94. Trousdale

169. Polk County

215. Marion County

226. Westmoreland

235. Bledsoe County

269. East Robertson

291. Tellico Plains

298. Cascade

324. Jackson County

Long story short what I saw was TC being the better team offensively in the first half. They were able to drive a little better offensively then Whitwell before halftime with #8 and number 21 leading the way. Offensively the second half I considered it pretty even with the difference being Whitwells defense at and near the redzone was not to be scored on. The play call that led to the interception was a bad play call in my opinion as you had the ball, was driving easily at the time and threw up a lobbed 50/50 ball that was underthrown and ultimately picked off. If you had been out of time or losing it may have been the right call but considering how close you were to the endzone, how much time is left, why chance that call when you were running at that point easily down the field. Alot of stuff happened after that but your offense wasn't the same after that interception, and Whitwells defense stepping up like they did. I think TC would probably have won this game 7-8 times out of 10, but to not  give credit to the grit of Whitwells defense and not giving up when the game was on the line is under whelming to say the least. It was a good game. Both teams played hard and well. I even thought for the most part officiating was pretty good. You lost to a 7-0 top 5 1A team. Reality is your good team lost to another good team that night.