South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

The Pirates need to figure out how good they actually are. Just calling it like it is but we haven't played a complete game all year. In fact, we have played several sloppy games. We were fortunate to get so many turnovers against DL or they would have beat us as well. You can't turn the ball over against a talented team and get away with it. I thought we moved the ball on Whitwell all night just like they did us. If we hold onto the ball I actually think it's a tighter game. They have more explosive and older athletes. Third round will be interesting.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

I took a closer look at Region 4.

If Monterey beats RePublic and Red Boiling Spgs Region 4 will finish:

1. Gordy

2. Jo Byrns

3. Monterey

4. Clay Co

If RePublic beats Monterey :

1. Gordy

2. Jo Byrns

3. Clay Co

4. RePublic

This is correct. It all depends on Monterey Republic this coming Friday. Monterey thumped Clay but if they lose to Republic they are out of Playoffs. If Monterey wins it looks like I’m headed to South Pitt to see u guys again. 

58 minutes ago, powerp said:

The Pirates need to figure out how good they actually are. Just calling it like it is but we haven't played a complete game all year. In fact, we have played several sloppy games. We were fortunate to get so many turnovers against DL or they would have beat us as well. You can't turn the ball over against a talented team and get away with it. I thought we moved the ball on Whitwell all night just like they did us. If we hold onto the ball I actually think it's a tighter game. They have more explosive and older athletes. Third round will be interesting.

Powerp you are full of mess. You get on here blow a bunch of hot air and then when Grider gets beat you make a bunch of excuses.  Im not falling for your mess. You think im joking but im not. 

8 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Powerp you are full of mess. You get on here blow a bunch of hot air and then when Grider gets beat you make a bunch of excuses.  Im not falling for your mess. You think im joking but im not. 

Roy bring my goat back!

Oh and that guvna91 guy is acting like you on the 5A boards you better stop that mess.

Edited by orngnblk

9 hours ago, Redheadstepkid said:

I am so proud of our Tigers! I knew they were mentally there. I live with a boy that was never scared of the Pirates and neither were his teammates. This is a completely different team than last year with great leadership. I was quite amazed that so many Pirate fans left so early. The majority of us Whitwell fans if not all stayed last year in the playoff game. 

You saying that last years team was scared of playing SP. Proud of the Tigers for finally getting that monkey off their back. Whitwell played a good game and SP had some mistakes turning the ball over a few times. Looked like Boldin learned something from last years games. Home field advantage during playoffs, can’t wait to see these two teams again in the third round. 

13 minutes ago, Justafan6980 said:

You saying that last years team was scared of playing SP. Proud of the Tigers for finally getting that monkey off their back. Whitwell played a good game and SP had some mistakes turning the ball over a few times. Looked like Boldin learned something from last years games. Home field advantage during playoffs, can’t wait to see these two teams again in the third round. 

I don’t know that SP can win. It looked to me that Whitwell has better athletes across the board, but I expect a closer game. Whitwell played pretty close to perfect and SP did not. SP will have to play almost perfect to have a chance against a superior team. If the Whitwell athletes get in open field they are gone. 

11 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

LMBO... just make sure you boys stick around after this season. Congrats on the win. I’ve maintained for awhile they were the team to beat. Don’t run off after this season is over though.

I’ve noticed you’ve not been saying much this week about the game last night. Look forward to the next meeting in the playoffs. How many times has Grider lost to the same team twice in one year?