South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Bouldin man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don’t know that SP can win. It looked to me that Whitwell has better athletes across the board, but I expect a closer game. Whitwell played pretty close to perfect and SP did not. SP will have to play almost perfect to have a chance against a superior team. If the Whitwell athletes get in open field they are gone. 

I assure you Whitwell didnt play close to perfect. We played without 3 most of the game. Didn't throw the ball much. SP got around and behind defense due to some busted coverages and force issues... Whitwell still has stuff left in the bag. SP will be ready for the rematch... I figured Whitwell would have a hard time to score but SP defense didnt play well at all. Rematch will be fun but Whitwell is just bigger and a year older. As to next year... Whitwell returns enough to be competitive... Promise you that.

26 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I assure you Whitwell didnt play close to perfect. We played without 3 most of the game. Didn't throw the ball much. SP got around and behind defense due to some busted coverages and force issues... Whitwell still has stuff left in the bag. SP will be ready for the rematch... I figured Whitwell would have a hard time to score but SP defense didnt play well at all. Rematch will be fun but Whitwell is just bigger and a year older. As to next year... Whitwell returns enough to be competitive... Promise you that.

Whitwell will get waxed next year I promise you that lol Good won last night but let's not pretend this is a powerhouse in waiting...

Edited by powerp

2 hours ago, Justafan6980 said:

I’ve noticed you’ve not been saying much this week about the game last night. Look forward to the next meeting in the playoffs. How many times has Grider lost to the same team twice in one year?

I told you since jamboree what I thought would happen. Whitwell was the bigger, stronger, faster, older team. They took care of business like they should have this season. 

40 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

We will see. I call it like it is. Congrats on the win. It shouldn’t be a big surprise. Enjoy this season. 

27 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Good win! Congrats to Whitwell.  I believe those Pirates are bit overrated.

One Pirate “Ambassador” has been trying to tell you folks for awhile that Whitwell was for real and SP was still a year away from being a legitimate contender. One more time... those large talented, senior classes in 1A are hard to do business with. Just look at history and it is proven time after time.