William Blount 2019

GovForce1

2 hours ago, Indian said:

A possible explanation, too many players going elsewhere? 

This is WHY they go elsewhere,the Stone loss last year was the last straw for some.As some of them say that was such an EMBARRASSING loss.I have to agree.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Many explanations. Pick one. Pick a combination.

-Weak fundamental coaching

-HC has unsuccessfully applied for jobs at several other schools

-Instead of prep work during bye week HC goes on vacation. Asst coaches decline to orchestrate practice in his absence.

-AD condones mediocrity, aligns himself with HC excuse "we just don't have the same caliber athletes as other schools" which is farcical to cover his bad hire over more qualified local coaching talent

-HC has lost players to multiple surrounding schools EVERY year since  he's taken over and besmirched the players reputations with negative innuendos 

I could go on and on but you get the point. As usual his bootlicker cronies will come to his defense, That's good at least that defense is better coached than the product he puts out on the field.

Whew. Didnt pull many punches on that one Shadroach

Goodness Gracious. 

On 7/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

It hurts inside to watch William Blount and Heritage programs turn into a what used to be Union County type situation where losing becomes the norm. If Campbell County and Union County can be rescued there is no reason Heritage and WB can't.  

Put one Price at WB and the other one at Heritage.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Put one Price at WB and the other one at Heritage.

My honest opinion about Heritage is that Hamontree cancelling 9th grade and JV games last year may have sealed his coffin for the future. Heritage is in 6A . not 1A with Jellico and Sunbright where that is the norm. William Blount has entered the Twilight Zone the past ten years and each coaching staff has had it's share of problems. Going to be straight honest about the current situation. We have a guy in charge that is living off his past where the gardens he planted in Rutherford County had lots of D1 talent that could make any coach look good. Not saying he is bad but let's be honest, this job comes with a lot harder task then showing up and feeding kids a bunch of baloney about how you made an All American out of Jauan Jennings. Eventually you would think the grown ups down there would get tired of it also but this should be the season you win 4 to 5 games. The last game of the season in 2018 just rolled my stomach like something from the Taco Bell. I do pull for all four of these schools in Blount County and it just makes me sick as a dog to go and get the crap beat out of you by a weak 4A school like they did. The taking off for a vacation year before last was something I would never forget long as I live but if there is a place you could get away with it he's at the right school. What's done is done so I say get over it and move on and hope this will be the group to pull WB out of this sinkhole they have slipped into ten years ago. If for some reason this team goes backward from last year's team then I believe it should be time to take a serious look and make some decisions about the future. 

• Upvote 1

Have only been around Shad a couple of times, so can't really comment on him personally.

Friends from back to RuCo that was on his staff praises him. Maybe rightfully so. Says he's as good of guy as you will find and a good coach.

But.

The guys I know that are around the WB program grow less and less fond of him with every year. Some involved outright can't stand him. Applying for every open job under the sun isn't helping his case either. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Solomon said:

Have only been around Shad a couple of times, so can't really comment on him personally.

Friends from back to RuCo that was on his staff praises him. Maybe rightfully so. Says he's as good of guy as you will find and a good coach.

But.

The guys I know that are around the WB program grow less and less fond of him with every year. Some involved outright can't stand him. Applying for every open job under the sun isn't helping his case either. 

Depends on how you look at it. Applying for a job just down the road in some people's eyes would be like cheating on your spouse especially when all the nosey neighbors talk and brother do they like to talk. Maybe WB officials love playing the part of submissive in this strange relationship and know he'll be back home after all the applications have been filled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Depends on how you look at it. Applying for a job just down the road in some people's eyes would be like cheating on your spouse especially when all the nosey neighbors talk and brother do they like to talk. Maybe WB officials love playing the part of submissive in this strange relationship and know he'll be back home after all the applications have been filled.

Is that because nobody wants him or is the pay scale for coaches in Blount Co just that good??  

3 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Is that because nobody wants him or is the pay scale for coaches in Blount Co just that good??  

Be honest with you I don't know but everytime a job opens someone finds out when he applies which should tell he isn't happy there. I'm sure he is a fine coach and I really hate it for him Blackman parted company with him because they really haven't been what they were since he has left. WB has crappy support from the very top and it would take someone special to fix the mess that others have caused. 

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Lets make a story up that'll help you understand.

A few years back in a far away land was a Ferrari dealership. The Sales Manager could do no wrong. Sales were off the charts. Sales ability mattered not. He was selling Ferrari's for shadsake. Things were going along swimmingly until whispers and rumors caused an audit of the company books. As Law Enforcement dialed in the Sales Manager quickly left the area. No hard feelings by the dealership and stock holders the problem was gone.

Before long the Sales Manager interviewed at a new dealership. They sold Yugo's and Daewoo's. The Manager convinced the CEO he could turn them into a powerhouse dealership in a very few years. The CEO listened as he sipped a Cupp of coffee. He knew several of the other applicants but was  mesmerized by the Ferrari salesmans promises of the future and dreamt of the glory and adulation that would come his way for making such an astute hire.

Several years have passed since that day and the results are abysmal. The CEO has painted himself into a corner by his inaction and failure to take the reins and restore order. The dealership is now the town joke and all who know the management know them as weak and ineffective as they watch their key employees leave for other dealerships.

The Sales Manager sees the writing on the wall again and wishes to use his charlatan skills to dupe another dealership but alas the word is out and he finds nobody ready to entertain him or his services.

Did that help GWAVE1?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7