WEST TENNESSEE FOOTBALL IS AWFUL

BVDevil

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

The thing that kills Memphis is that players move around like free agents. The good teams are great and the not so good are awful, because all the athletes migrate to the few that are currently prominent. Coaching ( I'm gonna get blasted ) is suspect city wide with a very few exceptions. Whitehaven is a prime example...they have two gold balls (one legit) over Maryville, yet have had tremendously more talented teams...D1 athletes at almost every position (and some on the bench), versus Maryville's precision play with some good athletes, but few D1 3,4, or 5 star recruits. Good coaching and distribution of talent more evenly would balance the scales.  

If this was FB I would so tag BlackHavenSenator.....lol

15 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Yes! I remember watching those games on TV, that defense was off the charts, the scores would be like 12-6 or 10-7, dont remember exactly, they had good RBs on offense but were 1 dimensional which was their demise against you guys!

2004 game was Maryville 7 Melrose 6

2005 game was Maryville 23 Melrose 7. 2 of Maryvilles scores were on trick plays. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

If this was FB I would so tag BlackHavenSenator.....lol

Don't worry...he'll find it anyway, but the truth is the truth. Whitehaven could lose half their team and be in Cookeville with a solid coaching staff, and three or four other Memphis teams would go from 3/4 wins to 7/8 wins with the talent from there.

• Upvote 1

I will agree on some circumstances with your post. But I disagree on a lot.

In 1A: Dresden lost their best player. This was a team that was expected to make a run for the title but without Yates they fizzled out. I am proud to see the success that Greenfield and West Carroll are having. West Carroll has a great coach in Coach Wolfe and he gets his team to play hard each and every play. Huntingdon is Huntingdon so they are always good.

In 2A: McKenzie needs to get rid of Coach Comer. That's their problem. Union City has dealt with injuries all year. Adamsville is very young so give them a year or two to rebuild. Gibson County is one of the great stories that we will remember in 2018. They handed Peabody their only loss and have made the playoffs for the first time since 2000 or 2001. I am excited to see what Fairley does this postseason. 

In 3A: Milan continues to try to find their success but they continue to win the games they need to. McNairy improved greatly from last year. South Gibson is a young school and with the success that they have had the past couple of years, I expect to them to continue to build their program.

In 4A; Dyersburg is having a fantastic year. They will definitely be a threat in the playoffs. Haywood played one of the toughest schedules in the state. They are battle tested and the tomcats are ready to roll in the playoffs. Not sure what happened to Crockett county but I think a unexpected loss to Obion county and a rough three games to end the year is to blame. 

In 5A: Henry County is back!!! They gave Germantown their toughest test and finished out the year strong. I thought this team would be down after losing Lucas Reynolds but I was wrong. They are rolling and are the best team in 5A (my opinion). Dyer County ended the year strong and they seem a lil bit better than last year.

11 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

I will agree on some circumstances with your post. But I disagree on a lot.

In 1A: Dresden lost their best player. This was a team that was expected to make a run for the title but without Yates they fizzled out. I am proud to see the success that Greenfield and West Carroll are having. West Carroll has a great coach in Coach Wolfe and he gets his team to play hard each and every play. Huntingdon is Huntingdon so they are always good.

In 2A: McKenzie needs to get rid of Coach Comer. That's their problem. Union City has dealt with injuries all year. Adamsville is very young so give them a year or two to rebuild. Gibson County is one of the great stories that we will remember in 2018. They handed Peabody their only loss and have made the playoffs for the first time since 2000 or 2001. I am excited to see what Fairley does this postseason. 

In 3A: Milan continues to try to find their success but they continue to win the games they need to. McNairy improved greatly from last year. South Gibson is a young school and with the success that they have had the past couple of years, I expect to them to continue to build their program.

In 4A; Dyersburg is having a fantastic year. They will definitely be a threat in the playoffs. Haywood played one of the toughest schedules in the state. They are battle tested and the tomcats are ready to roll in the playoffs. Not sure what happened to Crockett county but I think a unexpected loss to Obion county and a rough three games to end the year is to blame. 

In 5A: Henry County is back!!! They gave Germantown their toughest test and finished out the year strong. I thought this team would be down after losing Lucas Reynolds but I was wrong. They are rolling and are the best team in 5A (my opinion). Dyer County ended the year strong and they seem a lil bit better than last year.

Agree, but I am curious to see what Humboldt, Westview, Lexington, and Fayette Ware looks like in 3 years. In addition, no one is giving credit to the turnaround that Coach Frost and Coach Reeder are doing. Riverside is a good team with an exceptional defense and South Side is a good team with Eric Latham. Can’t forget about those two. Also, Camden seems to improved a lot from last year.

1 minute ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Agree, but I am curious to see what Humboldt, Westview, Lexington, and Fayette Ware looks like in 3 years. In addition, no one is giving credit to the turnaround that Coach Frost and Coach Reeder are doing. Riverside is a good team with an exceptional defense and South Side is a good team with Eric Latham. Can’t forget about those two. Also, Camden seems to improved a lot from last year.

I got a headache from making that post :lol:.  Riverside is good. They are the sleeper team in 2A. I saw someone post that South side is without him? Tyler Reeder is a alum of McKenzie and I am proud to see him doing well. Camden is a team that improved as the year went on. My biggest question is how the will the lions do in the playoffs. 

Just now, rebelman101 said:

I got a headache from making that post :lol:.  Riverside is good. They are the sleeper team in 2A. I saw someone post that South side is without him? Tyler Reeder is a alum of McKenzie and I am proud to see him doing well. Camden is a team that improved as the year went on. My biggest question is how the will the lions do in the playoffs. 

Yeah, South Side is good with Eric Latham. Without him, they’re having a tough time finding their identity. Yes they beat Liberty and Humboldt with Latham on the sidelines, but also scored 7 against North Side. They might win on Friday, but after that, who knows.

9 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Humboldt is a sad story to see. It has always been a good basketball and football school. Their enrollment has continued to drop over the years. Partly because the opening of South Gibson and we have seen the success they have had with athletics. Another problem is that Humboldt City schools are usually low performing but I am happy to see that they are improving in the classroom. The upper income families that live in Humboldt or near the city have sent their kids to South Gibson, Gibson County and the private schools in Jackson. Leaving the lower income and inner city kids to go to Humboldt.  I wouldn't be surprised if Humboldt closed in 10 to 15 years if their enrollment continues to drop (just an idea). Leaving the kids to go to South Gibson or Milan. 

Westview has been down the past couple of years. Ty simpson was just a freshman so if he improves he can get his team some more wins. Lexington has a good coach and they are always athletic. I think they just had a down year and should be fine. IDK anything about Fayette Ware. 

9 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Humboldt is a sad story to see. It has always been a good basketball and football school. Their enrollment has continued to drop over the years. Partly because the opening of South Gibson and we have seen the success they have had with athletics. Another problem is that Humboldt City schools are usually low performing but I am happy to see that they are improving in the classroom. The upper income families that live in Humboldt or near the city have sent their kids to South Gibson, Gibson County and the private schools in Jackson. Leaving the lower income and inner city kids to go to Humboldt.  I wouldn't be surprised if Humboldt closed in 10 to 15 years if their enrollment continues to drop (just an idea). Leaving the kids to go to South Gibson or Milan. 

Westview has been down the past couple of years. Ty simpson was just a freshman so if he improves he can get his team some more wins. Lexington has a good coach and they are always athletic. I think they just had a down year and should be fine. IDK anything about Fayette Ware. 

Fayette Ware has been awful for years. This season they hired a very good coach, and there are plenty of athletes there...they have the potential to progress quickly if the kids will buy what the coach is selling. Usually takes even the best of coaches 2 or 3 years, and it might be longer there because of basketball.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Fayette Ware has been awful for years. This season they hired a very good coach, and there are plenty of athletes there...they have the potential to progress quickly if the kids will buy what the coach is selling. Usually takes even the best of coaches 2 or 3 years, and it might be longer there because of basketball.

Yes they have a great basketball program, I remember seeing them play a couple of times last year

13 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Don't worry...he'll find it anyway, but the truth is the truth. Whitehaven could lose half their team and be in Cookeville with a solid coaching staff, and three or four other Memphis teams would go from 3/4 wins to 7/8 wins with the talent from there.

@BlackHavenSenator there he goes and I cant leave out @kwc 

Edited by FBfan26