South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Grider against this Boldin man)

Roy Dillard

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It was a great ball game and wonderful playoff atmosphere last night.  Our crowd was loud and proud throughout the game. Our coaching staff put together a great game plan and our Pirates executed it to near perfection.

Whitwell scoring right before the half and with 1 minute to go in regulation was heart breaking. But our team didn't fold. Our kids left everything they had out on that field last night and I for one am very proud of each and everyone of them. 

Congratulations to our Seniors.  When they were freshmen we were coming off a disappointing 6-6 record.  But they have worked hard, helped lead us back and have us heading in the right direction once again. 2 quaterfinal appearances along with 2 semifinals for these Seniors. I love each and everyone of yall. 

It's gut wrenching and just breaks my heart that we came up short last night.  But one thing we are not short on and that's the mentality along with the heart of being a Pirate and being a champion. We fought valiantly with a will that never gave up. The underclassmen will learn from this and we will prepare ourselves to achieve even greater things because that is who we are.

Again, congratulations to this whole Pirate squad, coaching staff, cheerleaders, our fans and everyone involved.  It was a great year. 

Posts like this is why you are so respected. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

It was a great ball game and wonderful playoff atmosphere last night.  Our crowd was loud and proud throughout the game. Our coaching staff put together a great game plan and our Pirates executed it to near perfection.

Whitwell scoring right before the half and with 1 minute to go in regulation was heart breaking. But our team didn't fold. Our kids left everything they had out on that field last night and I for one am very proud of each and everyone of them. 

Congratulations to our Seniors.  When they were freshmen we were coming off a disappointing 6-6 record.  But they have worked hard, helped lead us back and have us heading in the right direction once again. 2 quaterfinal appearances along with 2 semifinals for these Seniors. I love each and everyone of yall. 

It's gut wrenching and just breaks my heart that we came up short last night.  But one thing we are not short on and that's the mentality along with the heart of being a Pirate and being a champion. We fought valiantly with a will that never gave up. The underclassmen will learn from this and we will prepare ourselves to achieve even greater things because that is who we are.

Again, congratulations to this whole Pirate squad, coaching staff, cheerleaders, our fans and everyone involved.  It was a great year. 

Much repect ST!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wolfchase said:

Why did Whitwell go for two at the end of reg when a PAT kick would have won it. Could have cost em the game.

And gotta give Roy Dillard credit, his input was enormous, definitely a diff maker. That 6-5 run or pass stopper defence he suggested stopped alot of that mess plus the  genius mind of the tackling chickens practice

Hearing he may be on staff next year

I garuntee.  Grider just didnt put our five defensive pass defenders in prevent at the end of the game.  He should have made two boys move back more so they could nock the ball down.  You think im joking but im not. 

18 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Klassy post ST....This iz why we all love hi skool footbawl.....:thumb:

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, calicojack said:

Would love to see some stats from the game also

SP                    W

FirstDowns      14                    14
Rush-Yds       41-149            36-103
Passing Yds    66                   184
Total Yds         215                  287
C-A-Int            6-10-1            10-21-1
Punts-Avg       4-31                 3-26
Fumbles-Lost  1-1                   0-0
Penalties-Yds   7-65               15-96

G.Raulston Rushing 26-110  SP
*T.Stewart Receiving  5-101   W

*  Stewart is the 4th head on the 4 headed Red Tiger I've been describing.
Ashworth - Petty - Wingo - Stewart

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

SP                    W

FirstDowns      14                    14
Rush-Yds       41-149            36-103
Passing Yds    66                   184
Total Yds         215                  287
C-A-Int            6-10-1            10-21-1
Punts-Avg       4-31                 3-26
Fumbles-Lost  1-1                   0-0
Penalties-Yds   7-65               15-96

G.Raulston Rushing 26-110  SP
*T.Stewart Receiving  5-101   W

*  Stewart is the 4th head on the 4 headed Red Tiger I've been describing.
Ashworth - Petty - Wingo - Stewart

Raulstons carries went up just a little from last meeting I see lol 

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Great post future is bright 

SP is mourning today for 2018 Pirate team that saw the end to their season coming from cross county rival Whitwell. Actually, OP can’t remember that happening in a very long time. This certainly is a historic mark for sure.                           Many SP fans questioned the leadership and grit of this team. All those fans were proven wrong with the Pirates proving they are a work in progress. The team never reached their full potential but gave every ounce of effort to fight to the end. The senior leadership was obvious with the doubter’s claims squelched. The end came at the hands of some great plays by the Tigers.  Many old Pirates were proud of the bloody nose play demonstrated by the Pirates. The Tigers were obviously stunned while the Pirates                               gifted the Tigers with 2 TDs negated allowing the tigers to stay close.                 OP proudly says “ITS COMING “ again & again and again from the group of players returning. Congrats/thanks to the outgoing seniors that will be missed. In time, the hurt & disappointment will ease but the pride & fight will be forever favorably remembered. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2