CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

5 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

When you consider the home field advantage (3 points for that), I would say Huntingdon is a 7-10 point favorite. 

I believe Huntingdon has more overall speed. I worry about their misdirection as well. When looking at what little film I’ve watched, I almost get motion sickness from all the pulling. Simple offense but they run it to perfection. 

The key will be if Swenson decides to open the game up by throwing the ball. It’s easy for the secondary to get lulled in by all the misdirection. 

Cornersville must control the clock and not give Huntingdon the short field. I feel good about our line play compared to Huntingdon’s. HHS has great trench play, don’t get me wrong. However, we have some dogs on both lines. We have no size but those boys get after it. It almost makes watching the offensive line exciting.

I could flip a quarter on who I think prevails. I think last year’s win really gave our guys confidence that they could compete against the “big boys” in 1A. 

Wish Friday would get here quicker! I haven’t been worth a darn at work all week long.

See, that wasn't so hard lol Good post and pretty spot on! I would think that CV would want to grind it out and control the clock. Huntingdon is all about up tempo and moving the chains in chunks vs 10yds. I said it in the very beginning, team with less penalties and mistakes wins the game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horse said:

Just came by field Mustangs are practicing in the snow and sleet.you Cville daddies better dress Jr warm Friday night.would hate for them to get cold and not want to get hit anymore because they're cold.

Had one of the guys tell me last night that the 38 degree kickoff temp is perfect for him. No worries.

:wink:

• CoachT locked this topic