UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

44 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

It was. Glad I got out after that bc the next 5 or 6 years they beat Peabody like a drum each year. 

They sure did. 2013 was the first year Peabody beat Milan since that playoff game. & if I’m not mistaken, the Baugus kid’s older brother was the QB then. Since that year, Milan & Peabody traded wins each season until now this year Peabody extended it to a 2 year streak that they have beat Milan. It’s a great rivalry. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

UC had two of their starting backfield last Friday night that they didn't have against Peabody.  UC had two of their starting secondary last Friday night that they didn't have against Peabody.  UC had no fumbles last Friday night and lost 2 against Peabody.  UC has won 4 state championships over the last nine seasons...but that won't be in the back of anyone's minds.  This should be a much different ballgame at the rematch this week.

6 hours ago, @38320 said:

This time of the year the teams that can and do pass tend to advance. That has a lot of weight on why the hard running, eight in the box West TN teams keep getting knocked out by the East and Middle TN teams. I know Peabody is tough and well coached, but I'm going with UC because they have more of a passing attack. I think that's one reason they have been so successful. They are not your typical West TN team. 

Dude do you even watch football? Lol UC passes the ball?? I’ve seen these teams play a few times this year & IMO Peabody has got to get back to throwing the ball again if they want to advance. Baugus runs the ball really well but you have to capitalize on his strengths which is the pass. You have a QB with an almost 70% completion average & you keep trying to run it up the middle with a loaded box. Peabody has the athletes to beat UC & win a state championship. It’s time to open up the playbook. 

Those asking about UC posters, I haven't posted much because I really don't know what to think. Our team has been so up and down with TO's this year that it is hard to know. On yalls side, even though we were shorthanded in last game I said the way yall played you would likely go undefeated. Then you lost to GC and from what yall have said about some of your other games weren't hitting on all cylinders at some other times. End result being. End result being who knows. If one team has an off night then its probably gonna be in trouble. If we both play our best it should be a slobberknocker. Actuality will probably be somewhere in middle. I expect a good fun game.

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

They sure did. 2013 was the first year Peabody beat Milan since that playoff game. & if I’m not mistaken, the Baugus kid’s older brother was the QB then. Since that year, Milan & Peabody traded wins each season until now this year Peabody extended it to a 2 year streak that they have beat Milan. It’s a great rivalry. 

It is. My freshman year we upsetted milan on a last second field goal. We can’t in to the game 1–7 and they weee undefeated. Then didn’t win until that playoff game.