CORNERSVILLE @ LAKE COUNTY (1A Semis)

dawgsontop11

32 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I talked with a few players. They said it was nice. You really do have a field to be proud of. I will say it’s much nicer than Cookeville. Congrats Croppygenius on a good season. I have much respect for you. 

Appreciate it. We're pretty frustrated over here in Mustang land. We've had a lot of talent since 2012 and haven't done much with it. As far as Cornersville is concerned y'all have one of the most fundamentally sound teams I've seen in a while. Very well coached and a great tackling team. Reminds me of some of the old John Tucker coached Milan teams. Good luck to y'all. Lake Co better play a clean game or they're in big trouble.

• Like 1

Just now, Croppygenius said:

Appreciate it. We're pretty frustrated over here in Mustang land. We've had a lot of talent since 2012 and haven't done much with it. As far as Cornersville is concerned y'all have one of the most fundamentally sound teams I've seen in a while. Very well coached and a great tackling team. Reminds me of some of the old John Tucker coached Milan teams. Good luck to y'all. Lake Co better play a clean game or they're in big trouble.

Thanks. Mentioning us with Mr Tucker’s team is a very prestigious compliment. He was a coaching legend at Milan. Thanks and again I was very impressed with your facilities there. Much to be proud of. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Surprised you don't like the turf. I really like it especially late in the season. It plays better in adverse conditions. Wonder what your kids thought about it?

Not so much that I didn't like it. Facilities are super nice. Not a bad thing to say about it, just my preference.

22 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Cornersville also has a Mr. Football finalist as well as a east/west all star. I expect big things from this game and am excited to make the trip. 

I was comparing hopefullyLC somewhat to what Wayne Co was able to do and that LC also had a Mr.Football fonalist.Was aware Cornersville had a finalist also.Lake Co also has 2 players in the all star game as well 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

As far as Cornersville is concerned y'all have one of the most fundamentally sound teams I've seen in a while. Very well coached and a great tackling team. Reminds me of some of the old John Tucker coached Milan teams. Good luck to y'all. Lake Co better play a clean game or they're in big trouble.

It starts with their Junior Pro teams. They have a group of dads that really work with the boys and have their fundamentals down by the time they are in middle school. And they have a great group of coaches that add to it. They may have a little decline over the next 1-2 seasons but their current 8th grade class has been one of the most dominant groups to play in our junior pro leagues in the last 15 years or so.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, wildcat89 said:

Hey ease up on WC a little bit, seems like my wildcats have been used to gauge teams by all year lol! WC got off to a horrible start then injury's started popping up and the first half of the season was a disaster. I think WC ended the season with only one player out but was a four year starter. Once all the others got back and got settled in WC played some pretty good ball, even against Huntingdon and Cville, WC scored more on both their defenses than anybody else all year except maybe Waverly. Anyway, congrats to both on making it back to this point and a rematch and best of luck to both teams

Was glad to see y’all get healthy by seasons end. That game with y’all really helped us. Best of luck to your son in his future endeavors. You’ve been lucky with 3 good sons all on solid teams for their careers. Coach Rice is a great coach.