• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

MidTennFootball

6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

9 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I was thinking the same thing. He runs a 1930’s offense despite having some of the best athletes in the state.

I don't understand.... Oakland is poised to WIN the 6A title, what does it matter the style of offense?    What more can they do than win the title?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I don't understand.... Oakland is poised to WIN the 6A title, what does it matter the style of offense?    What more can they do than win the title?

Nothing. A championship is a championship. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Because they don’t always win state championships running that offense. If I was a Blazer fan, I would hope they continue to run the same offense as well.

Edited by crow6424

Just now, Red Rebels said:

What the heck? That was a fumble returned for a TD! Biggest play of the game and they blew it!

That would have been a game changer....with that said it's one of those days

31 minutes ago, Hubbard said:

I don't see them making a comeback in the 2nd half.

Oakland is a machine.

I saw them early in the year and was impressed by how they played as a team.

I saw them play earlier in the year, and they lost. They got better.

1 minute ago, crow6424 said:

Because they don’t always win state championships running that offense. If I was a Blazer fan, I would they continue to run the same offense as well.

Oakland is compatible to a good NAIA team and the Wing T is prevalent in the NAIA.

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I agree, that offense has scored plenty this year.

I see yall are talking about the WingT offense so I will ask a question. I apologize beforehand if it's already been answered. 

Has a 6A team won the championship running the WingT offense and if so who was it?  If not who was the last large school team to do so? 

Thanks.