Trousdale County Football 2019

tcjacket13

8 hours ago, TCRadio said:

yes I will put dates and locations on here at a later time. And there were talks between us and Lewis County, just couldn't work it out, depends on who you ask but from our side the word was Lewis wasn't that interested and we were trying to persuade them, but didn't work out. 

Like you said .Depends who u ask.I commented on it a month ago when supposedly was told Trousdale wouldn't pick up the phone.Then Trousdale fans laughed.Well I was told today that they did talk.Was told Lewis Co offered to play them at Oakland on a turf field on a Sat night when nobody else was playing.Was told it would have been an hour drive for Trousdale and about an hour an half for Lewis Co.Was told Lewis Co offered to split the gate.But Trousdale wouldn't commit to it.Exact words after that.We wanted to play.We not scared to play Trousdale.They not booger bears..lol.So it did look like was talks.Dont know why Trousdale wouldn't commit for a Sat night when nobody else would be playing.Also heard Trousdale turned down Maplewood,I think another team mentioned.And all this came from about as high as it can from Lewis Co.Not from fans

Edited by mrbigster

35 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Like you said .Depends who u ask.I commented on it a month ago when supposedly was told Trousdale wouldn't pick up the phone.Then Trousdale fans laughed.Well I was told today that they did talk.Was told Lewis Co offered to play them at Oakland on a turf field on a Sat night when nobody else was playing.Was told it would have been an hour drive for Trousdale and about an hour an half for Lewis Co.Was told Lewis Co offered to split the gate.But Trousdale wouldn't commit to it.Exact words after that.We wanted to play.We not scared to play Trousdale.They not booger bears..lol.So it did look like was talks.Dont know why Trousdale wouldn't commit for a Sat night when nobody else would be playing.Also heard Trousdale turned down Maplewood,I think another team mentioned.And all this came from about as high as it can from Lewis Co.Not from fans

As TC fan im glad we turned that down. TC doesn't need to play on Saturday to draw in fans TC fans will show up no matter who else is playing. TC already has too many road games need a home game and playing on turf twice in a season isn't worth it with losing a player in the championship game that still won't be able to play this year because of the turf monster thanks but no thanks.

34 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Oakland hasn't even gotten their turf down yet.  How could Lewis County pull off a date to get to play on a turf at Oakland against another school outside of Oakland before the turf is even complete? 

I’m sure Oakland knows when it will be done 

5 hours ago, RTD said:

It will be a good scrimmage I wish they Upoerman was back on the schedule.

Not sure if it means anything now, but these two groups of seniors and juniors are the ones who met for the championship in middle school.  If I recall, UMS led by maybe a couple of scores in the fourth and TC rallied to pull it out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Why just not play a home and home?  Looks to be a decent gate for both.  

52 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Why just not play a home and home?  Looks to be a decent gate for both.  

My source did call me back last night and said Oakland coach knew what was what and agreed to let both teams play.The deal was what I stated.But source did say Trousdale did want to play a home and home but Lewis Co didn't want to play 2 and half hours away.Said they wanted to play at Oakland with a playoff atmosphere.So looks like that was the catch.One school wanting a home and home and the other a neutral field on a Sat night when nobody else was playing.So to say Lewis Co wasn't interested and was trying to be persuaded,then Lewis Co could say the same thing about Trousdale wasn't interested in their proposal.Seems like if either school wanted to play a 10th game,should have just flipped a coin...lol.Heads home and home.Tails at Oakland.Pretty easy decision that way.

Edited by mrbigster

10 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Not sure if it means anything now, but these two groups of seniors and juniors are the ones who met for the championship in middle school.  If I recall, UMS led by maybe a couple of scores in the fourth and TC rallied to pull it out.

If this is the game I think it was, Cameron Rankins went in at half, and told coach to "give me the dang ball" but with other word. 

58 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

That kid is going to be a great football player. Trousdale could easily reach Cookeville again these next two seasons. 

It is crazy to think about how much better he could have been if he didn't tear his ACL as a Fr. He has lost a step for sure but still pretty fast for 6'2 240lb. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbigster said:

My source did call me back last night and said Oakland coach knew what was what and agreed to let both teams play.The deal was what I stated.But source did say Trousdale did want to play a home and home but Lewis Co didn't want to play 2 and half hours away.Said they wanted to play at Oakland with a playoff atmosphere.So looks like that was the catch.One school wanting a home and home and the other a neutral field on a Sat night when nobody else was playing.So to say Lewis Co wasn't interested and was trying to be persuaded,then Lewis Co could say the same thing about Trousdale wasn't interested in their proposal.Seems like if either school wanted to play a 10th game,should have just flipped a coin...lol.Heads home and home.Tails at Oakland.Pretty easy decision that way.

I just think TC needs another home game. The only home game that will draw a big the crowd is Gordonsville maybe. It's not reasonable to ask TC to have 6 away games.