Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

53 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Well AA in West TN looks very wide open. Time to reassess our contenders again:

Westview- Still a very good basketball team, BUT they have a serious issue right now and that's shooting the basketball. They need Callins back in a hurry. All bets off on them against Dyersburg now.

Covington- I saw Fayette-Ware's girls, and I honestly think they are gonna give the Lady Chargers a good game. If they can stay injury free, they should cruise the rest of the way into the region championship.

Dyersburg- They need to strike while Westview is finding themselves. Big game Friday at home against Crockett County.

McNairy- Yes, the record is good, but I'm not seeing much meat on the schedule. Two losses to Dyersburg by a total of four points isn't bad at all. Still have to play South Side.

South Side- Very young, inconsistent, and talented basketball team. Some days they will look great, other days they will have you wondering what are they doing out there. Game with McNairy on the horizon.

Know they have been hurt, but Westview better step it up. I wouldn’t want to go to Covington in a loser leave town match. Dyersburg is tough right now. Crockett lost their big post. Same with South Side. Hurt them both although both can beat anyone on a given night and can be dangerous. McNairy with the post always makes them tough as well.

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Know they have been hurt, but Westview better step it up. I wouldn’t want to go to Covington in a loser leave town match. Dyersburg is tough right now. Crockett lost their big post. Same with South Side. Hurt them both although both can beat anyone on a given night and can be dangerous. McNairy with the post always makes them tough as well.

I love the assessments, both you and dmm are spot on. The only thing that is iffy is you last statment. That is kinda of an inconsistency. Warren for McNairy, IMO is ineffective outside of the paint. She has not shot the ball well from 3 in the games that I have seen her play the last couple years and this summer. SS wins if she plays outside.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I love the assessments, both you and dmm are spot on. The only thing that is iffy is you last statment. That is kinda of an inconsistency. Warren for McNairy, IMO is ineffective outside of the paint. She has not shot the ball well from 3 in the games that I have seen her play the last couple years and this summer. SS wins if she plays outside.

Let me rephrase this. McNairy and their post play in the paint makes them dangerous. I haven’t seen McNairy in a while but know she is tough in the paint.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

She’s playing good anywhere on the court so far this season. She’s been good her first 3 yrs but imo she’s on another level this year. Looking forward to the SS game next week. These two teams always get after it when they play. My biggest concern is can we handle SS’s press. Or they normally press anyway. Should be a close game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are starting to get a fell for what team that have a good chance to make it this year.

Region 1, I think it’s Grainger’s to lose, followed by South Greene, those two meet this week to decide the district, but they will have to watch out for Sullivan Central and Greeneville.

Region 2, Northview should win this region followed by Alcoa, I think it’s a drop off after those two.

Region 3, Meigs should win this region followed by Signal Mountain or Red Back and maybe McMinn Central, big drop off after those teams.

Region 4, Macon all the way, followed by Upperman, but don’t over look York, and maybe Dekalb. 

Region 5, I think Westmoreland takes it, followed by East Nashville.

Region 6, Creek Wood and Nolensville.

Region 7, Westview and South Side.

Region 8, Covington and Melrose.

Here’s who I think will advance to the big show.

Northview Academy

Alcoa 

Meigs County

Macon County

Westmoreland 

East Nashville 

Westview

Covington

Just a guess, and I’m not that familiar with the west TN teams.

I think you’re right about West TN... don’t be surprised if Dyersburg replaces Covington though. Westview is the best team out here despite them not playing their best ball right now. McNairy Central is a team to keep an eye on also with the best player in AA, Khyla Wade-Warren, who is going to Texas Tech.

48 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I think you’re right about West TN... don’t be surprised if Dyersburg replaces Covington though. Westview is the best team out here despite them not playing their best ball right now. McNairy Central is a team to keep an eye on also with the best player in AA, Khyla Wade-Warren, who is going to Texas Tech.

I’m a East TN fan and I don’t know much about west TN besides what I read, so you probably know more than I do, but I think I will be pretty close from the Middle East, but anything can happen. Just thought I would get the 2A talk going, it’s been a little dead lately.

I got Westview and Dyersburg right now in region 7 AA to advance to sub-state. South Side, McNairy and Crockett are dangerous as well. Would probably take Westview since Callins is back and they are going to get better. The number 2 team will have to go to Covington which I believe whoever plays there game will go the wire. 

18 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think we are starting to get a fell for what team that have a good chance to make it this year.

Region 1, I think it’s Grainger’s to lose, followed by South Greene, those two meet this week to decide the district, but they will have to watch out for Sullivan Central and Greeneville.

Region 2, Northview should win this region followed by Alcoa, I think it’s a drop off after those two.

Region 3, Meigs should win this region followed by Signal Mountain or Red Back and maybe McMinn Central, big drop off after those teams.

Region 4, Macon all the way, followed by Upperman, but don’t over look York, and maybe Dekalb. 

Region 5, I think Westmoreland takes it, followed by East Nashville.

Region 6, Creek Wood and Nolensville.

Region 7, Westview and South Side.

Region 8, Covington and Melrose.

Here’s who I think will advance to the big show.

Northview Academy

Alcoa 

Meigs County

Macon County

Westmoreland 

East Nashville 

Westview

Covington

Just a guess, and I’m not that familiar with the west TN teams.

Gatlinburg-Pittman beat Northview last night. 

37 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I saw that, I was very surprised, but anything can happen in high school sports, just like Sullivan Central only beating an average Elizabethton team last night by 2.

I think strength of schedule may wind up hurting some of these "dominate" teams down the road. At least it has the past few years. Wins and impressive records are nice and all but not when you play struggling single A teams for half of your non-conference schedule.