Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

44 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County knows all about her. Beat us in the finals after an unbelievable undefeated run. You going to the Blue Side finals tomm? Both GC middle school teams are in the finals of the Blue Suede in Single A. Unbelievable the talent GC has coming. Problem is there are not going to be enough basketballs to go around I am afraid and we may lose some. We beat Greenfield, TCA, Hardin County and Perry County so far.

Who is in the championship? I know Jr. Pioneers are but didn't realize another one of ours is in it. What time does it start?

South Greene played Grainger much better than the final score indicates.

SG was down 8 at halftime, after Grainger's Tori Rutherford made a three point shot at the buzzer. 

South Greene starters played the entire third quarter and were up two, going into the 4th.

Grainger then hit numerous three pointers and played like the team we expected—outscoring South Greene 25 to 6 in the 4th.

South Greene played zone the entire game, which made a difference on the defensive end, with SG rebounding better than usual. The problem came when Grainger began making almost every shot in the 4th.

Another problem for SG was the large number of Grainger fans and cheerleaders, who made as much noise as the SG fans, thus negating much of the home court advantage.

SG is a very young team that has shown much improvement this season. Tonight's game is a cause for optimism. The season is not over, either.

Grainger is a very big and deep team. Having seen Meigs and Upperman, I would easily put Grainger in the same category. The rest of AA teams should take that as fair warning.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

South Greene played Grainger much better than the final score indicates.

SG was down 8 at halftime, after Grainger's Tori Rutherford made a three point shot at the buzzer. 

South Greene starters played the entire third quarter and were up two, going into the 4th.

Grainger then hit numerous three pointers and played like the team we expected—outscoring South Greene 25 to 6 in the 4th.

South Greene played zone the entire game, which made a difference on the defensive end, with SG rebounding better than usual. The problem came when Grainger began making almost every shot in the 4th.

Another problem for SG was the large number of Grainger fans and cheerleaders, who made as much noise as the SG fans, thus negating much of the home court advantage.

SG is a very young team that has shown much improvement this season. Tonight's game is a cause for optimism. The season is not over, either.

Grainger is a very big and deep team. Having seen Meigs and Upperman, I would easily put Grainger in the same category. The rest of AA teams should take that as fair warning.

It could be an Interesting District tournament. South Greene and Greeneville will probably be on the same side of the bracket.  Since the tournament is at Grainger - that will definitely give Grainger an advantage.  SG is young but Greeneville is even younger. 

20 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

It could be an Interesting District tournament. South Greene and Greeneville will probably be on the same side of the bracket.  Since the tournament is at Grainger - that will definitely give Grainger an advantage.  SG is young but Greeneville is even younger. 

Grainger has many advantages, but they better take advantage while they can. Greeneville or South Greene may surprise them in the near future.

Keep an eye on Freshman Lauren Bailey from Greeneville and Sophomores Addison Williams and Braylee Woods of South Greene.

Incidentally, I am a fan of all GreenE County teams, but have a special place in my heart for South Greene.

Having said that, I'll be pulling for Grainger, if need be.

4 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Callins is back for Westview and looks pretty good! She led Westview to a 43-23 win over Crockett County tonight with 18 points. She surprised me with how good she looked to have been out so long!!

Good win for Westview. Callins is a player. Heard Crockett lost another guard to injury. Yancy and Callins  will play a huge part down the stretch, IMO.

22 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Callins is back for Westview and looks pretty good! She led Westview to a 43-23 win over Crockett County tonight with 18 points. She surprised me with how good she looked to have been out so long!!

Westview is a completely different team with her on the court. The best thing about her being out was the experience gained by the others, but with her, Yancy, and Harrison on the court together and being able to handle the ball..they're a very athletic and dyanmic trio. I also hear the big girl has come on the last 2 or 3 weeks as well and is playing "older" now. WV should be very tough the rest of the way in. I believe if Callins would've remained healthy all year, WV could very well be undefeated at this point. Someone said that Crockett only scored 4 points in the 2nd half of their game last night and it's evident that when WV has their defense on, it can be frustrating but 4 points????  Glad we got you early in the season....lol

• Like 1