Class 1A Poll August 26, 2019

pegleg

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

This is comical. After the weekends scores anyone with half a brain would put Lake County and Huntingdon 1&2 in 1A. The SP talent and depth produced 21 whole points. 

No sir. Not true at all. Union City and McKenzie are not good teams this year. Very weak. You guys on the other hand beat a much larger 3A school that will challenge for the region title and probably at least finish 2nd and get a home playoff game. Plus y’all game was a rivalry game and we all know sequatchie was playing very hard because of it and y’all held them to only 7 points. Your win speaks volumes. 

9 hours ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

Who beat Mckenzie 27-7? They have only played 1 game. Huntingdon smoked Mckenzie 42-7 and was inside the 5 with the 2nd string getting ready to take it in when Swenson elected to take a knee.(which was the right choice) Huntingdon also had a few TDS called back on questionable calls and one fumbled into the back of the end zone. So it actually could have been around 63/70-7. Huntingdon threw the ball once. Didn’t have to throw that one. The complaint with the fans is that is something that needs to be incorporated into the offense early in the year. Also, Mckenzie had their starting running back knocked out and airlifted. That will impact a team. I am however happy that Ambassador has given the pick of Death to someone other than Huntingdon.

ok.I thought I saw a different score.So that was a large margin.It will all pan out later in the season.If LC were to lose one game,they'd drop out of the top 10.

48 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No sir. Not true at all. Union City and McKenzie are not good teams this year. Very weak. You guys on the other hand beat a much larger 3A school that will challenge for the region title and probably at least finish 2nd and get a home playoff game. Plus y’all game was a rivalry game and we all know sequatchie was playing very hard because of it and y’all held them to only 7 points. Your win speaks volumes. 

They had a huge senior class last season. We beat them worse last season so I’m not sure what that means either. It’s hard to believe Union City is actually “bad.” I’m not sure I can put those two words in the same sentence. I’m just saying looking at scores it was impressive to do UC that way. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

They had a huge senior class last season. We beat them worse last season so I’m not sure what that means either. It’s hard to believe Union City is actually “bad.” I’m not sure I can put those two words in the same sentence. I’m just saying looking at scores it was impressive to do UC that way. 

I agree it was an impressive win over UC score wise if you go off of UC tradition. But tradition has nothing to do with this year. People on this side of the state that have seen them know what UC brings to the table at the moment. However I have no doubt that their coaching staff is going to have them improving every week and they will be a better team by the end of the year barring injuries. They don’t have much depth. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree it was an impressive win over UC score wise if you go off of UC tradition. But tradition has nothing to do with this year. People on this side of the state that have seen them know what UC brings to the table at the moment. However I have no doubt that their coaching staff is going to have them improving every week and they will be a better team by the end of the year barring injuries. They don’t have much depth. 

Also heard they have fewer players than normal...

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

SouthTown Top 10

1. Lake County
  2. Huntingdon
  3. South Pittsburg
  4. Greenback
  5. Mt Pleasant
  6. Fayetteville
  7. Freedom Prep
  8. Coalfield
  9. Oliver Springs
  10. Gordonsville

I'd like to thank the Academy for our nomination into this elite club, however, we'd prefer not to have that target on our backs and quietly take out our opponents one by one.  "Work in Progress" can be our catchphrase.  Time will tell as we move through a tough schedule full of top ten honorable mentions:  Mt. Pleasant, Cornersville, Moore Co., Whitwell,  & Gordonsville,