South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

On 9/28/2019 at 7:10 PM, The Drunken Sailor said:

He was there because it was supposed to be a great game. But because of him there was no game. 

Kind of ironic when you think of it. 

Sometimes I hate irony. 

1 minute ago, Guidance1812 said:

I bet all the cell phone and radio towers round there on top them hills a blinking looked like lightning

This pretty much says it all.

33 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

The super short version I heard from someone close to the situation: The head of the TSSAA officials was at the game. He wouldn't let the teams on the field as long as lightning was visible. Even if it was heat lightning that was moving away. 

It couldn't be reschedule due to other commitments by both schools.

Jjust for the record lightning is lightning....all of it is hot!

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Some hoity toity TSSAA official was at the game... everybody else played their games all around them somehow.

Old Pirate says this is another example of the terrible job the TSSAA does with oversight and accountability. Officiating is terrible, actually the best thing the TSSAA does is collect $$$$$. Cleaning house needs to the priority of school administrators. 

It seem like there is a flash and thunder policy.

From the TSSAA Website:

NFHS Guidelines on Handling Practices and Contests During Lightning or Thunder Disturbances

These guidelines provide a default policy to those responsible or sharing duties for making decisions concerning the suspension and restarting of practices and contests based on the presence of lightning or thunder. If the game is being played on a campus with a more restrictive policy, the more restrictive policy shall be used.

a. When thunder is heard within 30 seconds of a visible lightning strike, or a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt is seen, the thunderstorm is close enough to strike your location with lightning. Suspend play for thirty minutes and take shelter immediately.

b. Thirty-minute rule. Once play has been suspended, wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard or flash of lightning is witnessed prior to resuming play.

c. Any subsequent thunder or lightning after the beginning of the 30-minute count will reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBEg0z_GZMYaQ1pXBRCPpIva3fnLQSSJ_SOqqrpPhlU/view

Edited by Red Rebels

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

It seem like there is a flash and thunder policy.

From the TSSAA Website:

NFHS Guidelines on Handling Practices and Contests During Lightning or Thunder Disturbances

These guidelines provide a default policy to those responsible or sharing duties for making decisions concerning the suspension and restarting of practices and contests based on the presence of lightning or thunder. If the game is being played on a campus with a more restrictive policy, the more restrictive policy shall be used.

a. When thunder is heard within 30 seconds of a visible lightning strike, or a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt is seen, the thunderstorm is close enough to strike your location with lightning. Suspend play for thirty minutes and take shelter immediately.

b. Thirty-minute rule. Once play has been suspended, wait at least 30 minutes after the last thunder is heard or flash of lightning is witnessed prior to resuming play.

c. Any subsequent thunder or lightning after the beginning of the 30-minute count will reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBEg0z_GZMYaQ1pXBRCPpIva3fnLQSSJ_SOqqrpPhlU/view

I didn't hear the thunder for the most part, but then I'm half deaf. But I didn't see cloud to ground lightning the whole last hour. Just in the early part of the delay.