MILAN @ HUNTINGDON THE DOG AND PONY SHOW

footballover

This game was a good one to watch a real nail bitter.  I hope Milan QB is all right because they will really need him next week.  I’ll be praying for him.  The fumbles and onside kicks is what almost and should have cost us this game.  It put our defense on the field most of the game.  The defense held at the time that made the difference to win this game.  

7 hours ago, Maximum said:

This game was a good one to watch a real nail bitter.  I hope Milan QB is all right because they will really need him next week.  I’ll be praying for him.  The fumbles and onside kicks is what almost and should have cost us this game.  It put our defense on the field most of the game.  The defense held at the time that made the difference to win this game.  

Turning the ball over four times usually does cost a ball game. Kudos for overcoming those and still pulling out the win.

For all the talk from "some" stanks fans all year ,Milan is down ,4th best in G.C so on and so forth correct?? Its been said ALOT right? So Stanks must be down bad if the Milan team yall talked about gave yall everything thang you could handle on the Magic Carpet ! And dont give me it wasnt the same BullDawgs "cause it was " !!! Play calling looked same , runs looked the same, D looked the same, just able to figure out run  right  run  left basically !!!! Just remember one thing really great teams like Peabody " cough cough" can make a good team look bad !!!  So many of your fans like Croppy and Waker are good dudes and are fun as heck on the boards but others are almost as bad as Peabody Pride, and thats bad !!!!!! Guys if yall play the Falcons right now it will not be close !! They have sick balance on offense and play calling thats always dialed up like the coach can see into the future !!! I do think you can score on them, with that being said your coach needs to have your pass defenders chasing chickens to get faster !!!

25 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

For all the talk from "some" stanks fans all year ,Milan is down ,4th best in G.C so on and so forth correct?? Its been said ALOT right? So Stanks must be down bad if the Milan team yall talked about gave yall everything thang you could handle on the Magic Carpet ! And dont give me it wasnt the same BullDawgs "cause it was " !!! Play calling looked same , runs looked the same, D looked the same, just able to figure out run  right  run  left basically !!!! Just remember one thing really great teams like Peabody " cough cough" can make a good team look bad !!!  So many of your fans like Croppy and Waker are good dudes and are fun as heck on the boards but others are almost as bad as Peabody Pride, and thats bad !!!!!! Guys if yall play the Falcons right now it will not be close !! They have sick balance on offense and play calling thats always dialed up like the coach can see into the future !!! I do think you can score on them, with that being said your coach needs to have your pass defenders chasing chickens to get faster !!!

Anybody can what’s gonna happen and what can happen until it actually happens.

21 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Believe it or not, I agree with pretty much everything you said here. Other than Milan being "down." Had they not gotten kicked in the mouth by you guys the way they did, there wouldn't be any talk of it. They would have 3 "Good" losses on their record right now, and still be looked at as a top 5 3a team if they had played you guys to within a TD.

Huntingdon secondary is atrocious. Corners need safety help, but they rarely get it. There were a couple times last night that Milan ran a 4 wideout formation and all 4 receivers ran a hitch and go, and then all 4 DB's bit on the double move. I'm not gonna say the effort or speed is not there. It's the awareness they're lacking.

The turnovers have got to stop. Both Ensley and Lawton have had games now where they've been pretty loose with the ball. Had Lawton not had all those fumbles, last night would have been a career game for him. 

If we play Lake County anything like we played Milan last night, they will wipe the floor with us. 

12 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Believe it or not, I agree with pretty much everything you said here. Other than Milan being "down." Had they not gotten kicked in the mouth by you guys the way they did, there wouldn't be any talk of it. They would have 3 "Good" losses on their record right now, and still be looked at as a top 5 3a team if they had played you guys to within a TD.

Huntingdon secondary is atrocious. Corners need safety help, but they rarely get it. There were a couple times last night that Milan ran a 4 wideout formation and all 4 receivers ran a hitch and go, and then all 4 DB's bit on the double move. I'm not gonna say the effort or speed is not there. It's the awareness they're lacking.

The turnovers have got to stop. Both Ensley and Lawton have had games now where they've been pretty loose with the ball. Had Lawton not had all those fumbles, last night would have been a career game for him. 

If we play Lake County anything like we played Milan last night, they will wipe the floor with us. 

I know Lawton had some fumbles last night,even with the fumbles it was a career night. If it wasn’t for Lawton putting the offense on his back the game wouldn’t have been close. Everybody can look good against the opponents Huntingdon has been playing. But last night against a good opponent he stood out to be the best player on the field. 

53 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I was speaking on the Peabody win alot of Stang fans was saying Milan is down ! I dont agree! But any good football fan knows our teams all have issues !

35 minutes ago, horse said:

I know Lawton had some fumbles last night,even with the fumbles it was a career night. If it wasn’t for Lawton putting the offense on his back the game wouldn’t have been close. Everybody can look good against the opponents Huntingdon has been playing. But last night against a good opponent he stood out to be the best player on the field. 

Also against a good opponent,  99% of the time 4 fumbles costs you the game. I'm not saying that Lawton isn't a heck of a player, because he is. But even if he had 300 yards rushing, if you put the ball on the ground it will cost your team the game eventually. Stats are nice, but ball security and getting the win are what it's about. Definutely have to tighten it up. 

11 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Great ball game. Milan didn't look nothing like the team I saw against Peabody. Their QB and the RB Williamson played great for the Dogs. Ball seemed to bounce Milans way most of the game. Mustangs played hard but sloppy most of the game.Losing 4 fumbles and an onside kick can get you beat. #13 Lawton had a career game. He's a outstanding RB that really doesn't get the credit he deserves. Mustang defense played well against the run for the most part and did great job pressuring the passer. Got a bunch of sacks. This was a very tough, hard fought game that could have gone either way. That how Huntingdon - Milan games are supposed to be.

Milan had been told by their coach all week they were the best Milan team in the last 30 years.  Peabody punched them in the mouth and they got wide eyed and they didn’t know what to do.  

Congrats on the win.   I guess you guys are convinced now that Milan is a good team