Media Received our Mr. Football Ballots today!

FridayMainEvent

11 minutes ago, Turu said:

Aaron Swafford 2018 Mr Football. Meigs County Offense & Defense. 42-5 record. 4 year starter. Navy Commit. I’ll be the first to throw his name out... anybody got any stats?  Coaches?  Yeti? 

Not kept up with it this year, use to be able to go to Chattanooga times free press online for stats but they removed it. 

32 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'll admit I haven't seen anyone from the West thus far.    The best ones I've seen this year are Swafford, MeigsCounty; Carnes, Willis and Bailey; Greenback.   

I think they've done a disservice to the lineman award by only having 1 Mr Football per classification.  

Linemen deserve their own category.  

Without a doubt!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'll admit I haven't seen anyone from the West thus far.    The best ones I've seen this year are Swafford, MeigsCounty; Carnes, Willis and Bailey; Greenback.   

I think they've done a disservice to the lineman award by only having 1 Mr Football per classification.  

Linemen deserve their own category.  

:thumb:

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

What Willis does with the ball is unbelievable at times just ask Meigs,Oneida,LC etc,etc.Catch a WR screen and go 70 yards THRU defenders not around and one of if not THE BEST blocking WR in TN and the most dynsmic players on the field each Fri night.Carnes is a talent no doubt and an excellent QB.These TWO young men will both be finalists and i would hate to be the one making the choice!

Carnes is #46 in the COUNTRY

Willis is #14 in the COUNTRY 

What else can be said,great kids off the field also.

O&b man I garuntee this is why you orchestraters should no doubt win it all.  You got three Mr Football players on one team.  Grider dont even have a mention of one.  If that Ryan man cant win it I garuntee you should get them jailhouse fellars to line him up a u haul.  I garuntee you I aint joking either. 

Greenback with 3 possible Mr. Football finalists on the same team. Has this ever been done before? I really believe in this SP team this season but I also must agree with some others. Any one that cant win it all with that kind of talent would raise some questions. Someone had to be living right in Greenback when that QB came to town because he made them a big time favorite this year. 

14 hours ago, horse said:

If you’re a voter you should go out and watch players first hand and not rely on what other people think. You have name, number,school,stats,and position. Always heard that grades character and what kind person they are has as much to do with winning the award as what they did on the field and you didn’t even mention that. 

Well, Mr. Horse, I probably watch a bigger variety of football than most folks who make these votes.   Apparently you aren't familiar with us or you'd know that.   Not many people are able to travel from Memphis to Knoxville to watch a potential Mr. Football candidate (or vice versa) so I was trying to provide folks with a way to at least get some information about their candidate out there.   Any name that shows up here, if I don't know them, I will be digging for video on them.  

I'm sorry my method of gathering information didn't meet your approval.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Greenback with 3 possible Mr. Football finalists on the same team. Has this ever been done before? I really believe in this SP team this season but I also must agree with some others. Any one that cant win it all with that kind of talent would raise some questions. Someone had to be living right in Greenback when that QB came to town because he made them a big time favorite this year. 

I don't mean to be ugly but this is probably not the right place to debate that.

• Thanks 1