Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Since this is apparently a very hot topic, how about one of you football gurus that know the TSSAA rules help me out with a question! 
 Does the TSSAA just pick certain rules and by laws to enforce on certain schools or players? 
 I mean, what’s the TSSAA rule on a current player attending and playing in a televised type all star or MVP game? This whole Fayetteville ordeal has me wondering...

Not relevant

15 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

the most likely outcome of this is that the winner of the Mcewen/Huntland game in round 1 gets a bye into the 3rd round to face Huntingdon. 

of course that is assuming there are not a couple of upsets in region 6 this week.  

Sad if it comes to that.  

Edited by Southtowner

4 minutes ago, 93grad said:

I would say after a complaint.  It is dated the 6th of September which is a game or two into the season.  Seems like they would have gotten an answer on his eligibility form prior to September.  Wouldn't they?

Does transfer have to be cleared by TSSAA before participating in game? Is this a rule?

4 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Since this is apparently a very hot topic, how about one of you football gurus that know the TSSAA rules help me out with a question! 
 Does the TSSAA just pick certain rules and by laws to enforce on certain schools or players? 
 I mean, what’s the TSSAA rule on a current player attending and playing in a televised type all star or MVP game? This whole Fayetteville ordeal has me wondering...

All-Star Games Section 23 (a). No student shall be permitted to participate in an all-star game unless it is sanctioned by the TSSAA and unless he/she has completed high school eligibility in that sport; (b) no individual player is allowed to participate in more than two sanctioned all-star contests during the school year; and (c) any student who fails to comply with the preceding requirements loses athletic eligibility for a period of time to be determined by the Board of Control. This rule reflects the present NCAA rule involving all-star games and is designed to parallel those regulations. If a student-athlete withdraws from school and participates in an All-Star game prior to completing their high school eligibility in that sport, he or she will be ineligible to participate in that sport twelve months past the date of the All-Star game. An all-star game is defined as any contest (where admission is charged either directly or indirectly) in which one or both teams is composed of players selected from two or more regularly constituted teams. This regulation does not apply to summer baseball and girls softball. Any all-star game involving TSSAA athletes must be sanctioned by the TSSAA. A filing fee of $250.00 is required for the game to be considered for sanctioning. If the game is approved then an additional approval fee of $750.00 is required. If the request is denied, then all fees shall be refunded. This fee is required annually for games involving groups not affiliated with the TSSAA. No member school shall permit use of its equipment, facilities, or of its employees, directly or indirectly, in the management, coaching, officiating, supervision, or promotion of player selection of any unsanctioned all-star team or contest during the school year.

The part in bold answers your question.          

there is no set penalty.  each case is decided by the board of control. 

40 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

TSSAA has never lost a case of this type that I can recall.    Fayetteville would do themselves and everyone else a favor by dropping the restraining order and let us all move on to the 2019 playoffs with the teams the TSSAA has determined has qualified for such. 

As soon as Fayetteville administrators decide to drop everything and accept the penalty by TSSAA is the day that everyone in the Fayetteville community goes after the administration asking why they didn't do enough.... I like the fact that the administration is fighting for its school and community.... 

Edited by GCPioneer

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

And if paperwork isn't filled out correctly then someone can be declared eligible then later ineligible after further review. 

But if kid played before cleared ( Marion County game ) technically they was playing with ineligible player so MC should get win regardless? Idk