Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

I think most Stang fans would agree that our time down in 1A hasn’t been the best. Not a whole lot of luck in the playoffs, weak region competition during the regular season, long road trips, etc. However, one of the best takeaways has been the rivalry we have created with the Dawgs. Although they own us with a 2-0 record, they would be lying if they didn’t say they have both been knock out street brawls with both games coming down to the last few plays. Much respect from this Stang fan for the Cornersville Dawgs. One of the best environments I’ve ever been a part of in 2017. Ready for Round III!

3 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

I think most Stang fans would agree that our time down in 1A hasn’t been the best. Not a whole lot of luck in the playoffs, weak region competition during the regular season, long road trips, etc. However, one of the best takeaways has been the rivalry we have created with the Dawgs. Although they own us with a 2-0 record, they would be lying if they didn’t say they have both been knock out street brawls with both games coming down to the last few plays. Much respect from this Stang fan for the Cornersville Dawgs. One of the best environments I’ve ever been a part of in 2017. Ready for Round III!

The game last year was probably the best high school game I have ever watched. It was a defensive battle.

33 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

I would agree. 2017 and 2018 two of the most exciting and fun to watch games. 

6 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Lol what have you done in the last 3 years? Nothing. 

Our only 2 losses the last 3 years have been to the Bulldogs. Pretty contested games I might add. Cornersville definitely got the job done and I respect that. Difference is the Bulldogs lost the house, but the Mustangs bring back the house with a chip on their shoulder. This is going to be a bigtime physical game.

1 hour ago, footballover said:

Who are the players to watch for Cornersville? Ensley QB and Lawton RB have been doing the heavy lifting for the Mustang offense lately with Pearson RB having several good runs. When Huntingdon does throw its 2-3 passes a game Pearson Belew and Baker are sure handed targets. Mustang defense may be the fastest they have had in a long time. 

We don't really have those stand out guys this season. There are 6 running backs that get touches and have scores on the season. Defensively, no real standouts there either. I saw earlier someone said something about a CV all-star. Wasn't sure what that was about. Besides, we aren't giving away any secrets on here. Everyone knows about your two workhorses. Great players.

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Thank goodness. Welcome back Lake Co’s man crush. And please let Guidance hold your jock strap for comfort. It’s embarrassing really. They think about you as much as the Mustangs. So obsessed they got the best horse they could find as a mascot....a donkey.

Not sure about a man crush, but you gotta give props to a poster, who with just a single sentence can shut down an argument AND make you laugh at the same time. As far as the affording only a donkey, we are after all Lake County. We don't have the money to afford the million dollar field, let alone thoroughbred race horse. Yet, that same horse you have is made for a sprint, while the donkey is made for work. At the end of the day, the donkey is still standing, working, and stomping while your race horse has already gone to rest at the stable to eat hay. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RedStateReject said:

Not sure about a man crush, but you gotta give props to a poster, who with just a single sentence can shut down an argument AND make you laugh at the same time. As far as the affording only a donkey, we are after all Lake County. We don't have the money to afford the million dollar field, let alone thoroughbred race horse. Yet, that same horse you have is made for a sprint, while the donkey is made for work. At the end of the day, the donkey is still standing, working, and stomping while your race horse has already gone to rest at the stable to eat hay. 

No, No No. I did not and have never posted one thing about any team, LC included, about being able to afford anything. I said find. I have never boasted about the cost of our field. We are super freaking lucky to have such a nice facility and I’m not going to apologize about it. Before we had the turf there were many people who worked on the field and gave up their Wed and Thur nights, that never received or asked for a single cent. Just so the boys could be proud of where they play. It is obvious in these few short pages that reading comprehension is not LC posters strong suit. 

Yes, we have thoroughbreds. Feel free to stand around and “stomp” and kick and work while we are sprinting up and down the field, and as you said, “already gone to rest” our starters for the next game.

• CoachT locked this topic