Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

44 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Mustangs will be looking to take out 2 years worth of frustrations on this year's cornersville bunch. I expect it to get ugly...

That's what we are hoping for. A team full of frustration and animosity that will make mistakes. We may be the down team this year, but we hold an advantage in the mentality department.

Cornersville is the and 1

Edited by Jobres76

2 hours ago, Waker said:

Thank goodness. Welcome back Lake Co’s man crush. And please let Guidance hold your jock strap for comfort. It’s embarrassing really. They think about you as much as the Mustangs. So obsessed they got the best horse they could find as a mascot....a donkey.

Remember my cousin is the D coordinator for Cornersville...better not sleep on em! I keep telling you we are gonna be besties before this year is over! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Huntington by 14+ I don’t care how much better a team has got you don’t lose to community and beat Huntington. 

Someone had to allow community to win at least one game this season and we were the sacrificial lamb. Our other losses came to an eagleville team(in a game I feel we could have won) that defeated Houston county and our region champs. If our defense plays like it did last night against the run and forces you guys to pass, I like our chances. 

18 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

That's what we are hoping for. A team full of frustration and animosity that will make mistakes. We may be the down team this year, but we hold an advantage in the mentality department.

Cornersville is the and 1

Huntingdon will make mistakes, they will put the ball on the ground 2 or 3 times and have couple of dumb penalties. But don’t know if CV is good enough to take advantage of it this year. 

7 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Someone had to allow community to win at least one game this season and we were the sacrificial lamb. Our other losses came to an eagleville team(in a game I feel we could have won) that defeated Houston county and our region champs. If our defense plays like it did last night against the run and forces you guys to pass, I like our chances. 

Eagleville got thumped by Mt.Pleasant and Mcewen just put 49 on MP. Huntington will score and score a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

Huntingdon's passing game is actually pretty decent. We usually don't throw till we have to but we can be very effective in the passing game. Your problem is going to be rushing the football. We completely shut down Richlands rushing attack. They had about as many negative yardage plays as positive yardage plays. Richlands QB could have hurt us if he had time to throw. Our defense is the strength of this team. They are better than our defenses have been the last few years.

46 minutes ago, horse said:

Huntingdon will make mistakes, they will put the ball on the ground 2 or 3 times and have couple of dumb penalties. But don’t know if CV is good enough to take advantage of it this year. 

I would agree, but that is why the game is on the field and not here.

42 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Eagleville got thumped by Mt.Pleasant and Mcewen just put 49 on MP. Huntington will score and score a lot. 

And we shut MP out 20-0, research is important. MP also had a player airlifted from the field last night. Not sure any team could over come watching a team mate get taken to the hospital like that. Prayers for the injured player and hope it is not too serious and makes a full recovery

34 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon's passing game is actually pretty decent. We usually don't throw till we have to but we can be very effective in the passing game. Your problem is going to be rushing the football. We completely shut down Richlands rushing attack. They had about as many negative yardage plays as positive yardage plays. Richlands QB could have hurt us if he had time to throw. Our defense is the strength of this team. They are better than our defenses have been the last few years.

No doubt your defense is good. Again, I feel Richland was overcome by the atmosphere and being in the playoffs for the first time in years. 14 of their 21 points against us came on a KO return and a busted play. We have had a bend don't break defense most of the season. It has broken at points, hence the losses. Boys were fired up last night and hope it carries over.

• CoachT locked this topic