Cornersville @ Huntingdon

footballover

3 hours ago, Waker said:

No, No No. I did not and have never posted one thing about any team, LC included, about being able to afford anything. I said find. I have never boasted about the cost of our field. We are super freaking lucky to have such a nice facility and I’m not going to apologize about it. Before we had the turf there were many people who worked on the field and gave up their Wed and Thur nights, that never received or asked for a single cent. Just so the boys could be proud of where they play. It is obvious in these few short pages that reading comprehension is not LC posters strong suit. 

Yes, we have thoroughbreds. Feel free to stand around and “stomp” and kick and work while we are sprinting up and down the field, and as you said, “already gone to rest” our starters for the next game.

Someone or something must have stopped breastfeeding you too soon as a child

your logic is sketchy and confusing

you might need to head down to the free clinic get that checked out

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No McEwen would not and no Milan would not. You are being a little crazy. I am not even going to get into why because it takes comparing scores and such. Look I get it you think Huntingdon is the greatest 1A team ever. You are a fan. That's understood. Keep winning and maybe we will get to see. This is a Huntingdon/ Cornersville thread and all your are worried about is Lake County. Rent Free in your head. It's kinda of sad.

No I definitely don’t think Huntingdon is the greatest team ever. I don’t think Lake Co is either. Fact is they are both really close. Both teams have strengths and both have weaknesses. The team that will win the game will be the team that can most effectively take advantage of those weaknesses. We have two challenges to get there first.

1 minute ago, Mustang1969 said:

No I definitely don’t think Huntingdon is the greatest team ever. I don’t think Lake Co is either. Fact is they are both really close. Both teams have strengths and both have weaknesses. The team that will win the game will be the team that can most effectively take advantage of those weaknesses. We have two challenges to get there first.

Logic, I’m impressed

4 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Finally, something constructive. Both teams still have to get there. One game at a time.

2 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

I would agree, but that is why the game is on the field and not here.

And we shut MP out 20-0, research is important. MP also had a player airlifted from the field last night. Not sure any team could over come watching a team mate get taken to the hospital like that. Prayers for the injured player and hope it is not too serious and makes a full recovery

No doubt your defense is good. Again, I feel Richland was overcome by the atmosphere and being in the playoffs for the first time in years. 14 of their 21 points against us came on a KO return and a busted play. We have had a bend don't break defense most of the season. It has broken at points, hence the losses. Boys were fired up last night and hope it carries over.

To be honest, the atmosphere last night wasn’t that great.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Guidance1812 said:

Someone or something must have stopped breastfeeding you too soon as a child

your logic is sketchy and confusing

you might need to head down to the free clinic get that checked out

You have to take into consideration that I was having to reply to a LC poster. They don’t see logic and stay confused.

Cornersville O line will be tested against Huntingdon. No team this year has been able to keep Huntingdon out of their backfield. 161 tackles for a loss and 60 sacks through 10 games. If Huntingdon can keep the ball off the ground and cut out the excessive penalties I see us coming away with a big win. Cornersville will be no slouch and will fight till the end as we have seen in our last 2 matchups. Cornersville has built a very good and strong program and deserves the respect for shutting us up 2 years in a row. 

As for LC vs Huntingdon, why is this even a conversation? Huntingdon has 2 very good football teams to get past before this conversation can even take place. One week at a time and no overlooking what's in front of us.

17 minutes ago, Waker said:

To be honest, the atmosphere last night wasn’t that great.

Maybe not, but for a group of kids that found out on Tuesday whether they were actually playing or not. Throw in the turf field, which is completely different than grass. The atmosphere of a playoff game for the first time for any of these guys, surely intimidating. 

• CoachT locked this topic