Round 3 Fairley @ Peabody

Goldenpride

5 minutes ago, allgoodlf said:

6A average usually lose to smaller powerhouses.  5A state runner up did not schedule Peabody for obvious reasons

I know it's difficult for the top small schools to get games against the elite larger schools for obvious reasons. But 6A average a schools don't usually lose to 2A or 1A schools. 

I know you believe differently, but the reality is the minority of 1A & 2A can't compete with even the bottom of most 6A and 5A programs, let alone the average to elite 5A or 6A programs. The 1A/2A elite may be able compete with some, perhaps, but not many.

1 hour ago, kwc said:

LOL ... of course he did. Hernando is the worst team in their league. Oxford is the best in the same league. Oxford beat Hernando 36-0 on Nov. 1, 2019. He wasn't exaggerating one bit. We are talking 6A ball here. That doesn't translate to 6A vs 2A In any form or fashion. Totally different ball game altogether.

Context.

I know I wasn’t trying to take away from Fairley, losing 26-0 isn’t necessarily all bad for a 2a squad up against a 6a. I’ve seen much worse scores from a 6a vs a 2a before. I didn’t know if they were comparable to Haywood tho.. they are a really good 4a squad and we scrimmaged them and are really blessed with talent, I just didn’t know if hernando had all of those types of athletes Haywood has

Edited by Goldenpride

16 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I know I wasn’t trying to take away from Fairley, losing 26-0 isn’t necessarily all bad for a 2a squad up against a 6a. I’ve seen much worse scores from a 6a vs a 2a before. I didn’t know if they were comparable to Haywood tho.. they are a really good 4a squad and we scrimmaged them and are really blessed with talent, I just didn’t know if hernando had all of those types of athletes Haywood has

We didn’t scrimmage them this year we were suppose to but they backed out. Haywood’s coach had left and they had just hired a new one. They had to get all that straightened out. We scrimmaged Camden, USJ, and Crockett county 

Just now, GeneralForrest said:

Everyone is so scared of you guys

I never insinuated that at all.  Reading comprehension is key. They had a coaching change right before the scrimmage was suppose to happen. We whipped Camden usj and Crockett county. I’m sure you were wondering. #gumphasapeabodyinfatuation 

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

Olive Branch beat Haywood 42-7. It was 42-0 after 3 quarters. OLive Branch best Hernando 38-23. It was 38-0 at the half. Props to Fairley  for stepping up! 

Edited by Salem