South Pittsburg vs Greenback (Grider against this Ryan man)

Roy Dillard

Why in the world would GB players be trying to join the Pirates FB page ? Lol - ain’t no secrets you seen what they are bringing , lord knows your not worried , you got posters saying I hope they bump 23, You can’t tackle Carnes, blah blah blah . Well we bringing our 90lb line and going to do the best we can. Just don’t ding us up to bad. You have nothing worry about.

Back to the real world 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Know exactly what you’re talking about. Just don’t understand how adults could threaten a kid over a football game saying they’re bringing their bail money with them to the game. 

Junior they is calling you out on that Griders pirate fan page for trying to sneak in and orchestrate.  Aint none of Griders secrets on that page.  You think im joking but im not. 

37 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Football aside, everyone take a moment and say a prayer for PirateMike as he travels to Nashville for surgery today. We need everything to go as planned so I can bring him to Greenback Friday. Much appreciated....

Go Pirates

You've got it my friend.  Even if he can't make the game we will be praying for a very successful surgery and a quick recovery.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, piratetom said:

Football aside, everyone take a moment and say a prayer for PirateMike as he travels to Nashville for surgery today. We need everything to go as planned so I can bring him to Greenback Friday. Much appreciated....

Go Pirates

Prayers and good luck!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Just curious, what are these advantages? Can kids not transfer into other 1A schools if they want to? Most schools in TN are open enrollment. Greenback has the restriction the you must live in Loudon county.  If that restriction ever gets lifted,  GB will go on a historic run in 1A.

They would get a minimum of 10 transfers every year from south Blount County.  Half of which would begin school in GB their freshman year so they wouldn't have to sit a year. You would be looking at about 50 additional football players on a 1A team. With that coaching staff and that community support, many kids that would start at local 6A schools will be happy to wear the orange and black.

I know of at least 5 starters at another 6A school that want to transfer to GB but their families are either unwilling or unable to relocate to Loudon county.

Most schools are not open enrollment by TSSAA definition.  Academic enrollment and athletic participation are 2 different things.  On top of that, Alcoa, Mayville and Greenback are not Blount County schools.

Edited by rlh

2 minutes ago, rlh said:

Most schools are not open enrollment by TSSAA definition.  Academic enrollment and athletic participation are 2 different things.

If I'm not mistaken, most schools have open enrollment that allows a kid to go to another school rather than the one he/she s zoned for.  If they start that new HS as a freshman they do not have to sit out form athletic participation.

That's the open enrollment that's really relevant to this discussion and most schools in TN fall under this rule.