Redneck Buried-ville thread (Okelund-Mairvul)

STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

sx, #45 and friendz wuz gettin a lot ov pressure onn thait big ole QB.....urlee and oftun......Best game eye haiv seen ole Ethan play agin sum big ole linemuns frum Okelund.....:popcorneater:

He's stepped up in a lot of games over his 4 years, from beating 5 star Catholic boys to tonight's performance. Super proud of Ethan and this group of Seniors winning their last game at home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

MTF ewe are all class my friend.....Okelund haz a ton ov talent and a great program......When was the laist time the Patriots were shut out....???

Much appreciated. Hopefully one of these days we'll figure out how to win a game at Tha Skeetur, hopefully with this group of freshmen we have waiting in the wings. 

Last time Oakland was shut out was in 2012 against that great Siegel team led by Brent Stockstill. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 5:44 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

My thoughts, as little as they really are worth.  I was surprised Friday night with the Rebels when they played Dobyns Bennett.  I have seen the Rebels play 3 prior times but not in the last couple of years.  Based on those prior games I thought that they were an amazing team.  I equated them to a "machine" in action on the DB vs Maryville thread and basically asked the question, how do you beat a machine?

This Rebel team is not what I remember.  They are not a machine.  They were just not as disciplined as the teams from a few years ago were, IMO.  Now don't get me wrong.  They are an excellent team with really good players and coaches.  But they are definitely beatable by any of the higher ranked middle Tennessee teams.

So I'll go out on a limb here.  I think Oakland will beat this Maryville team on their home turf.  That assumes that all is as it appears based on comments from seemingly knowledgeable fans over in the middle of the state.

What little credibility this guy had is all gone now!

Unbelievable how fast that game went last night, I go to plenty of mercy rule games that don't come close to matching how fast that one flew by. I was really surprised when Oakland didn't take the sure shot field goal when inside the ten yard line making the score 5-3 especially the way they did finally pick up some momentum and got down the field on a drive that started inside their ten.. That was a great safety we put on them which helped that decision on all or nothing. When we made the safety I was just waiting for us to get robbed someway or the other since I've seen everything under the sun in all my years of watching football. Another all time classic, thanks Coach Hunt on doing your homework very well. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Unbelievable how fast that game went last night, I go to plenty of mercy rule games that don't come close to matching how fast that one flew by. I was really surprised when Oakland didn't take the sure shot field goal when inside the ten yard line making the score 5-3 especially the way they did finally pick up some momentum and got down the field on a drive that started inside their ten.. That was a great safety we put on them which helped that decision on all or nothing. When we made the safety I was just waiting for us to get robbed someway or the other since I've seen everything under the sun in all my years of watching football. Another all time classic, thanks Coach Hunt on doing your homework very well. 

I was too Barn. That was the play of the game IMO. Likewise I didn’t agree with us not kicking it at Oakland’s 10 to make it 8-0. That was a terrible spot on the sneak. Refs didn’t give him an inch. Both coaches were aggressive there and trying to win the game. They get $ to coach and I pay to watch. 
Again, shout out to the big boys last night.

I've always had a take the points philosophy when facing Maryville. However, given the way they were playing on defense, it wasn't going to be a sure thing they get that close again. I think your right in that safety probably played a big part in the decision making because Oakland has a kicker that could have easily made that.

All in all, I'm glad I never get to see Tee Hodge line up against Oakland again. Like trying to tackle a wrecking ball

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've always had a take the points philosophy when facing Maryville. However, given the way they were playing on defense, it wasn't going to be a sure thing they get that close again. I think your right in that safety probably played a big part in the decision making because Oakland has a kicker that could have easily made that.

All in all, I'm glad I never get to see Tee Hodge line up against Oakland again. Like trying to tackle a wrecking ball

I thought both teams should’ve taken the points last night as well. But what do I know, I’m just a 50 yo woman lol. Tee played his best game since coming back from the injuries imo.