2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

@allgoodlf meigs is good. Their qb is their bread and butter. He is a runner first and can throw the ball. He is big like 200lbs and fast. 
I do think fairley probably had the fastest overall team of anybody we have played and a very defense. 

I think I saw 210lbs. TC was pretty fast, but for the most part Meigs kept them contained. I would say Peabody will be even faster, it will definitely be a challenge, but I think Meigs has the talent and heart to win.

Did Peabody come though last night game healthy?

Meigs is being undersold as "just" Swafford. You don't shut TC out for a half with one player. 

- Meigs has played TC as well as two of the 2 tops teams in 1A, Greenback and SP. 

- Meigs is physical and has a defense. 

- Peabody is vulnerable and has shown that the last 2 weeks. 1 against a team who couldnt put them away and 2 against a team that had no business being up 14-0.  

- Peabody's pass game is sometimes great, sometimes awful. If Meigs can stop the run and force Peabody to pass, they will be uncomfortable, despiite what the Tide fans feed you. 

- Had that been Meigs last night it wouldve been 28-0 before Peabody woke up. 

- Peabody's SOS is somewhere just north of Union City Middle's. I think Meigs is gonna push them around. 

- Only thing in Peabody's favor is they DO have 2-3 really good athletes. And these kids have played n the BB before.   

- I think TC has the best defense in 2A, Meigs got 22 on them, I think they can get 36 on Peabody and hold them to 3-4 scores. 

To be exact, Meigs 36, Peabody 24

I thought RB #34 Will Meadows did not get enough credit for his play last night. He had limited carries, but when he got the ball, he was very effective. Looked like TC was just too keyed in on Swafford (deservedly so) and did Not account for Meadows. 

Edited by TigerGoat

27 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Some highlights of Meigs vs Trousdale. Very few highlights of Trousdale as they aren't my team. Was a good game.

No disrespect to Trousdale, just promoting my team folks.

Swafford is going to be tough to stop. I don’t think Meigs is going to have the all around speed like what Peabody does but Peabody hasn’t had to try to stop a monster like Swafford yet. It’s going to be a tall task. I can’t wait to see how Peabody’s defense stacks up. Fairley is the best team Peabody has played in terms of talent on the field but Meigs is going to be the best all around team the Tide has faced. This game, as long as both teams play their best, should be a true championship football game. I truly believe the best two teams in 2A are left.