2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I’m not gonna sit here all week and read this guys posts, he’s still butt hurt he lost to Riverside, he acts like they were up 14-0 they did nothing special to get that lead. He’s said we had a weak schedule all year, who cares? We have a good football team that is goin to Cookeville to play a good Meigs team, and it’ll be a good game. Our coaches will do a great job scheming these guys up. 

the scheme last night was to come out throwing, once u were down 14-0 u gave it to your 2-3 good athletes and let them do their thing. i wasnt blwon away by peabodys coaching. if Meigs can get your 2-3 good players under control they will win by 2-3 scores 

19 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

i expected a "feelings hurt" response.  we all saw it... the peabody folks iare in denial, most of them. they have benefitted from a cupcake schedule and an average team was beating ur brains in and still within 3 late in the 3rd. you dont have to like the reality but meigs is much better tested and you guys have a lot to worry about.  

I read your reasons and tbh you just sound salty about something, do you dislike PB for some reason...

IF PB shows up and plays their best I believe they can win by a couple scores, however, they have been in a rut in the playoffs but have prevailed because of talent and they are just a good team...

As of right now I am not sure they can get out of the rut so I am slightly leaning towards Meigs Co, at any rate I believe this will be one of the better games of the weekend.....

1 minute ago, Kevin38 said:

I read your reasons and tbh you just sound salty about something, do you dislike PB for some reason...

IF PB shows up and plays their best I believe they can win by a couple scores, however, they have been in a rut in the playoffs but have prevailed because of talent and they are just a good team...

As of right now I am not sure they can get out of the rut so I am slightly leaning towards Meigs Co, at any rate I believe this will be one of the better games of the weekend.....

pb has been overrated this year. sat will expose that they have sat in the weaker east all year. avoided trousdale watertown, and meigs

24 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

You guys are the underdog in my book. Your playing against the defending champs. Did I not say since week two that you guys would make it to Cookeville. Peabody has more athletes than GB and SP. Meigs has a great team I’m not trying to dog them. I think Peabody has better line play and better receivers. They have faced the best running team in 2A also. South Pittsburg beat you guys on the outside and Greenback beat y’all in the throwing game. If I’m wrong I will gladly congratulate Meigs. 

I'm pretty sure we will surprise some folks. We have a passing game as good as anyone honestly when we decide to use it. If we do a 50/50 run vs pass on Peabody we would be a nightmare to scheme. I'm sure it will depend on how well they will stop our run game though as that is our bread and butter... we just like doing it. We showed last night some of our passing game,  and honestly they looked awesome doing it. Swafford hit everyone in the hands last night and we caught every High impact passing play or had pass interference due to defensive interference on the pass. Telling ya Vandy were healthy and if we mix it up like I know we can we will be a handful for anyone. 

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm pretty sure we will surprise some folks. We have a passing game as good as anyone honestly when we decide to use it. If we do a 50/50 run vs pass on Peabody we would be a nightmare to scheme. I'm sure it will depend on how well they will stop our run game though as that is our bread and butter... we just like doing it. We showed last night some of our passing game,  and honestly they looked awesome doing it. Swafford hit everyone in the hands last night and we caught every High impact passing play or had pass interference due to defensive interference on the pass. Telling ya Vandy were healthy and if we mix it up like I know we can we will be a handful for anyone. 

meigs is the better team. pb's run comes to an end sat 

1 minute ago, GeneralForrest said:

pb has been overrated this year. sat will expose that they have sat in the weaker east all year. avoided trousdale watertown, and meigs

That is not a legit argument, just a lot of hate, I have seen them a couple times, they are very good, have just have not played well the past few weeks.....

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

We can stop the run pretty good, I will say our passing defense can use some work but I’m sure we will definitely work on it this week. Fairley threw against us, but that was a total surprise they had. We know what you guys will bring to the table and we will have to respect both aspects of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I’m sure y’all will be bud. I wouldn’t expect anything less.

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

We can stop the run pretty good, I will say our passing defense can use some work but I’m sure we will definitely work on it this week. Fairley threw against us, but that was a total surprise they had. We know what you guys will bring to the table and we will have to respect both aspects of the game. 

meigs passing game vs fairleys. does anyone think fairleys is better