Naders head ovur two 825

STARSNBARS

Rankin saying, “if it was just eleven on eleven, they could match up better.”  I guess that is true, if it is a close low scoring game with long drives.  I thought Alcoa had plenty of players so they don’t “have” to go both ways. 

For example last year Maryville could have had Hodge and Davis play both sides of the ball.  I understand why they didn’t but, that is a coaches choice. I don’t buy the contention that Alcoa does not have the depth to have players on just offense or defense. 

12 minutes ago, oldhick76 said:

Rankin saying, “if it was just eleven on eleven, they could match up better.”  I guess that is true, if it is a close low scoring game with long drives.  I thought Alcoa had plenty of players so they don’t “have” to go both ways. 

For example last year Maryville could have had Hodge and Davis play both sides of the ball.  I understand why they didn’t but, that is a coaches choice. I don’t buy the contention that Alcoa does not have the depth to have players on just offense or defense. 

Hodge didn’t even dress last year. It would have been a different game if he had.  

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear.....

1. Agin Alcoee haz 5 ov tha top 25 playurs inn Jassie Smiffy's poal......Mairvul ....zip

B. ST87 iz givin' Mairvul way two much creditt.....Eye'm lookin' fer Alcoee two pull out a lott ov knew trix onn offence...Eye'll go 132-2.....Alcoee

c. Apparuntlee sum Alcoee peepull thawt tha gaim wuz Wintsdee nite aftur church.....Thay caim ovur urlee......

4..Werd haz hit Mairvul haid two cawl inn tha Hunny Wagon.....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

5 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear.....

1. Agin Alcoee haz 5 ov tha top 25 playurs inn Jassie Smiffy's poal......Mairvul ....zip

B. ST87 iz givin' Mairvul way two much creditt.....Eye'm lookin' fer Alcoee two pull out a lott ov knew trix onn offence...Eye'll go 132-2.....Alcoee

c. Apparuntlee sum Alcoee peepull thawt tha gaim wuz Wintsdee nite aftur church.....Thay caim ovur 

Stars I'm not giving maryville nothing, you guys earned it. With heavy graduation at maryville last year and Alcoa seems to be stronger than last year I have to go with the tornadoes. This game is only for bragging rights, lord willing both teams will be in cookeville at the end of the season, i just don't think Oakland is as strong as last year so this is the year that maryville breaks the trend since 2016 the home team wins in maryville vs Oakland 

9 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

Stars I'm not giving maryville nothing, you guys earned it. With heavy graduation at maryville last year and Alcoa seems to be stronger than last year I have to go with the tornadoes. This game is only for bragging rights, lord willing both teams will be in cookeville at the end of the season, i just don't think Oakland is as strong as last year so this is the year that maryville breaks the trend since 2016 the home team wins in maryville vs Oakland 

ST eye aint shore Mairvul cain beet anybodee left onn tha schedull wif all those knew starturs, much less Okelund wif thair knew wheppuns frum tha Nashvul privets....

Eye weal say jist go on ahaid and give Alcoee tha Gold Bawl now tho.....Hits knott evun clost....:popcorneater:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strongx said:

Does alco still have a lot smaller school with less students? I don’t buy the fish wrap anymore and hadn’t heard that whine yet this year. 

I listened to ole Marty on the radio last night on that other FM Sports station. They had an interview with CGR. He said if they brought 11 and we brought 11 they would win more than lose or something like that.

I don't know if they have them recorded to listen to later. I'm just mad Swain isn't on the radio any more.