South Pittsburg @ Meigs County (Captain Victory vs Tiger King Fitz)

Southtowner

23 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

South Pittsburg Head Coach Vic Grider had some interesting comments on this game last night.   In case you missed the interview, he joined us at the 1 hour mark of this video:

Friday Main Event Week Eight Stream

I watched it this morning.   Roy caused that Grider man to change his playbook.  He gave the secret play away to the enemy!

• Upvote 1

Basically neither team has been tested and not played anyone really that good. I think both teams could have played each other's schedule and the same result's. Something has to give tonight.  Got to come out, have fun, and not be so uptight about this game. When your tight and so worried about making a mistake, then mistake's will find you. 

Dearest Mother-

Your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, has once again taken up his quill to put ink to paper about the latest of our campaigns. First, I must apologize Sweet Mother of mine, for it has been a fortnight and a half since my recent letter. For we have had no campaigns to speak of since before Autumn. But rest assured Captain Victory has had our full attention. He hath sent me forth on an important mission towards the Tiger Town of Decatur.  The camp of the Tigers is positioned in the Goodfield Valley, west of No Pone Ridge, about 50 miles northeast of the Scenic City. I have been here before when I witnessed the Tiger men wear down and defeat The Tribe of Many Nations a season ago. The Tiger men are led by none other than the greatest Tiger of all, Tiger King Fitz. His ferocious fire breathing reputation precedes him. He has been known to consume everyone and anyone that enters his domain and tries to tame his Tigers. And, he has had a whole fortnight to prepare his Tiger men for their impending date with destiny against Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates. Captain Victory and Tiger King Fitz have battled before. Last season ago, the battle was waged at The Beene and what a tremendous battle it was. A battle so fierce that those from the Jasper Village that witnessed or heard about it tucked tail and ran into the Fiery Gizzard and have refused to come out.  This time Captain Victory has returned the favor.  For he is a man of his word.  He has returned the favor to the Tiger King and will battle him upon his own territory. Some others could learn a valuable lesson from Captain Victory. Those hiding out with Chief RunAndHides know who you are and others do as well. When it's your turn to battle, whether it's 80 klicks into hostile Tiger territory, or just 8 hateful miles away, you take up your battle flag and either defend your ground or march into enemy lands .  So, we march on. Rather we sail on. Yes, Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates are sailing up the Tanasi as I write and will anchor in the Chickamauga Lake. Soon the ground shall shake and tremor from the Mighty Pirates as they disembark from their Pirate Ship and run headlong into the Goodfield Valley.  Soon the No Pone Ridge shall quake as it never has before. Soon folks will witness a battle never seen in these parts. If you're squeamish like Chief RunAndHides, you best turn away. Yes turn away and spare yourself for what is to come. For this is no place for cowardly men. No, place at all.  For here there is honor to those that battle. For here there is glory for those that stand tall and answer the Call of Duty. And when the dust settles upon this land the brave shall go forth and the cowardly will most assuredly shrivel away.  Therefore it is a choice. Yes it's a choice that one must make for themselves. So I choose to be brave.  I choose to seek and find honor and glory upon every battlefield and against any enemy that comes forth. Yes, I shall seek and find these treasures.  And I shall give all the honor and glory to the Good Lord above.    Love to all-

Sgt Southtowner   

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1