Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Waverly tore y’all up passing the ball in 2017 and 18 but fell short both games so even tho the passing game could be there doesn’t mean they will win.

It was also said it would tear us up against Waverly this season. I think we had about 6 sacks. 
edit- the stat sheet says Huntingdon had 15 Sacks against Waverly. 24 tackles for loss. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Edited by Waker

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

Guys--too much to read through, but I will say this about MC speed...IT IS LEGIT. Not sure about 7 or 8 guys running a 4.4, but there were a few laser timed at that in a camp. 

They don't have 7-8 guys running a 4.4. I don't even need to watch them to be certain of that. That'd give them the fastest team in the state. I don't mean just in Class A, as it'd give them more 4.4 guys than every high school and very likely every college in the state, as well as possibly the Titans.

Most people don't realize how rare a true 4.4 is. At the NFL draft combine last year, there were a total of 54 players who ran under 4.50, and I believe that was more than usual. Among Tennessee players invited to the combine in the last 4 years, a total of 4 have run in the 4.4s. That's from the state, not UT; UT has had one (Josh Malone in 2017).

Most high school "4.4 guys" are probably around the 4.60 to 4.79 range, which is still really fast. If those 7-8 guys ran under 4.69, they might still have the fastest high school team in the state. A true 4.5 time in high school is smoking fast. You could probably count on one hand the number of high school players in Tennessee who run a legitimate 4.4.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

Guys--too much to read through, but I will say this about MC speed...IT IS LEGIT. Not sure about 7 or 8 guys running a 4.4, but there were a few laser timed at that in a camp. I didn't believe it either until I saw it in person. I doubted the speed too. There was a pass play against Cornersville that the actual pass was maybe 10 yards from around the 50. Receiver made moves and got away. The impressive part of the play was the RB that caught and passed the receiver to lay a block around the 20 and beat the receiver to the endzone. I get the line talk and giving the QB time to throw. Here's the thing...HE ESCAPES PRESSURE VERY WELL. Saw Huntingdon play last Friday. While quick and play fundamental football(with the exception of TO's) and did as I expected Huntingdon to do, they are not unbeatable. Take away all of the turnovers Cornersville had that Huntingdon turned into points and that game is much closer going into halftime than what it was. Huntingdon turned Cornersville TO's into points and Cornerville did not do the same with Huntingdon's TO's. Not blowing smoke, calling it like I see it. Huntingdon will have a problem with MC if they are all healthy and stay that way. Take it for what you will.

Thanks for the post. I hope we have time to get it to our our sped guys. They are fast and could care less the exact # just know they are faster than normal. This has the making of a great game. We know they are going to run it and they do that well. I think our line backers will have to have a great game. Im not really worried about our offense i think we will be able to move the ball on the ground and through the air. Again i will say this. This is by far the best team that has loaded up and headed to the stable out of Moore Co. 

Edited by Raider2021

32 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Thanks for the post. I hope we have time to get it to our our sped guys. They are fast and could care less the exact # just know they are faster than normal. This has the making of a great game. We know they are going to run it and they do that well. I think our line backers will have to have a great game. Im not really worried about our offense i think we will be able to move the ball on the ground and through the air. Again i will say this. This is by far the best team that has loaded up and headed to the stable out of Moore Co. 

Lol. Smh. I disagree at this point. If they keep winning they may claim that title as best ever but they are flawed on the OL & DL. May be the best collection of skill players though.

AND they DO NOT have 7 players that run a 4.4. Fast? Definately but not 4.4.

Please stop giving Huntingdon bulletin board material. You are hurting MC more than you realize. 

Edited by phil24

2 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

You must be new to Moore County. This team is really good, but they have a way to go to be labelled the best team to come out of Moore County. I do hope they make it there, though. 

3 hours ago, Waker said:

It was also said it would tear us up against Waverly this season. I think we had about 6 sacks. 
edit- the stat sheet says Huntingdon had 15 Sacks against Waverly. 24 tackles for loss. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Y’all whooped our butts this year for sure. I was just speaking on the other two games. 

2 hours ago, GG22 said:

They don't have 7-8 guys running a 4.4. I don't even need to watch them to be certain of that. That'd give them the fastest team in the state. I don't mean just in Class A, as it'd give them more 4.4 guys than every high school and very likely every college in the state, as well as possibly the Titans.

Most people don't realize how rare a true 4.4 is. At the NFL draft combine last year, there were a total of 54 players who ran under 4.50, and I believe that was more than usual. Among Tennessee players invited to the combine in the last 4 years, a total of 4 have run in the 4.4s. That's from the state, not UT; UT has had one (Josh Malone in 2017).

Most high school "4.4 guys" are probably around the 4.60 to 4.79 range, which is still really fast. If those 7-8 guys ran under 4.69, they might still have the fastest high school team in the state. A true 4.5 time in high school is smoking fast. You could probably count on one hand the number of high school players in Tennessee who run a legitimate 4.4.

What you said!  

2 hours ago, Raider2021 said:

I’m gonna go back and watch some film.  I wanna see this overall team speed.  

3 hours ago, GG22 said:

I wasn't really agreeing with the 7-8 guys either. I would say there are at least 1 or 2. The others are definitely in the sub 5 4.6-4.9 range. Just stating my opinion of seeing both teams and TEAM speed goes to MC. Team size goes to Huntingdon. Question is, how is the depth when the d-line and LB start getting tired from running around all night?